- World War 3 is a free-to-play FPS game published by The Farm 51.
- The game’s available for Microsoft Windows and can be played through Steam.
- I will discuss methods to fix World War 3 Not Launching issue.
There’s a high demand for WW3 in the market, as the game is available for free in the market, and many PC gamers have decided to opt for this tactical shooting game.
And you may not be aware of the fact that its servers are yet unable to handle the burden. Players from around the globe are playing it online, to show their tactical skills.
Due to system maintenance issues, many PC users are having problems with launching WW3 on their devices. And I’ve come up with some fixes to help you get rid of this error.
How Do I Fix World War 3 Crashing at Startup on PC?
Here are some troubleshooting workarounds that can be implied to fix the World War 3 Won’t Launch issue. I have listed various methods, by considering all the scenarios that can trigger this error.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Always ensure that your system has enough juice to run World War 3.
Operating System: Windows 10 (x64) or higher
Processor: Intel i3 / AMD Ryzen equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 670 or equivalent AMD
DirectX: Version 11 or higher
Launch World War 3 as Administrator
First of all, you should try launching World War 3 with administrative rights. This would allow you to run the game without facing any blockades from antivirus software.
1. Right-click on the shortcut icon of World War 3 and select Properties
2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab
3. Check the Run this program as administrator box.
4. Click on the Ok button.
Update GPU Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build.
1. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
2. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
3. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
4. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
5. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
6. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Some Visual C++ Runtime files can get corrupted, so you should reinstall the C++ on your Windows PC.
1. Press the Win + I keys to launch Settings
2. Go to the Apps & Features tab.
3. Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files.
4. Go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
5. Now, install the downloaded files and reboot your system, after the successful installation.
Verify World War 3 Files
Players can also repair/verify World War 3 files directly from the Steam client. This would allow them to fix any corruptions from the game file directory, that is causing the crashing trouble.
1. Navigate to the Library section on Steam.
2. Right-click on World War 3 and select Properties
3. Go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files
4. Relaunch Steam, once the verification is completed.
Force Start World War 3 with DirectX 11
Players can also launch World War 3 through DirectX 11 or above, directly from the Steam client.
1. Launch Steam and go to Library.
2. Now, right-click on World War 3 and choose Properties.
3. Navigate to the General tab.
4. Under Launch Options, type -dx11 and save changes.
5. Launch World War 3 on Steam.
Reinstall World War 3
As a last resort, you should reinstall World War 3 on your computer.
If you are playing it on Steam then here’s what you need to do:
1. Uninstall World War 3 from the Library section.
2. Close Steam and clear the cache memory of your system.
3. Launch Steam and reinstall World War 3.