Warhammer 40000 Darktide is a first-person shooter game published by Fatshark. The game’s available for next-gen Xbox consoles and Microsoft Windows.
It’s a gaming platform where players get co-op with others and make a campaign to defeat the dark lords. They have to respond instantly before it’s too late.
Every player needs to act before the end of the world, but the good thing is that he can create an army of allies and work together, against the hordes of enemies.
However, one can only respond correctly, if he’s not disturbed by any game launching or crashing issues. And that’s what I’ve discussed in the following section, to help PC players enjoy smooth gameplay.
How Do I Fix Warhammer 40000 Darktide Not Launching Issue?
Here are some troubleshooting workarounds that can be implied to fix the Warhammer 40000 Darktide crashing at startup or not launching issue. I have listed various methods, by considering all the scenarios that can trigger this error.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Always ensure that your system has enough juice to run Warhammer 40000 Darktide.
Operating System: Windows 10/11 (x64)
Processor: Intel i5 / AMD Ryzen equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or equivalent AMD
DirectX: Version 11 or higher
Launch Warhammer 40000 Darktide as Administrator
First of all, you should try launching Warhammer 40000 Darktide with administrative rights. This would allow you to run the game without facing any blockades from antivirus software.
1. Right-click on the shortcut icon of Warhammer 40000 Darktide and select Properties.
2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the Run this program as administrator box.
4. Click on the Ok button.
Update GPU Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build.
1. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
2. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
3. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
4. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
5. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
6. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Some Visual C++ Runtime files can get corrupted, so you should reinstall the C++ on your Windows PC.
1. Press the Win + I keys to launch Settings
2. Go to the Apps & Features tab.
3. Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files.
4. Go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
5. Now, install the downloaded files and reboot your system, after the successful installation.
Verify Warhammer 40000 Darktide Files
Players can also repair/verify Warhammer 40000 Darktide files directly from the Steam client. This would allow them to fix any corruptions from the game file directory, that is causing the crashing trouble.
1. Navigate to the Library section on Steam.
2. Right-click on Warhammer 40000 Darktide and select Properties.
3. Go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
4. Relaunch Steam, once the verification is completed.
Force Start Warhammer 40000 Darktide with DirectX 11
Players can also launch Warhammer 40000 Darktide through DirectX 11 or above, directly from the Steam client.
1. Launch Steam and go to Library.
2. Now, right-click on Warhammer 40000 Darktide and choose Properties.
3. Navigate to the General tab.
4. Under Launch Options, type -dx11 and save changes.
5. Launch Warhammer 40000 Darktide on Steam.
Reinstall Warhammer 40000 Darktide
As a last resort, you should reinstall Warhammer 40000 Darktide on your computer.
If you are playing it on Steam then here’s what you need to do:
1. Uninstall Warhammer 40000 Darktide from the Library section.
2. Close Steam and clear the cache memory of your system.
3. Launch Steam and reinstall Warhammer 40000 Darktide.
That’s all, thanks for visiting it’sDailyTech.