- I will discuss methods to fix The Last of Us Part 1 FPS Drops on PC.
- The Last of Us Part 1 is an action-adventure game published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- The game’s developed for Windows, PlayStation, Xbox, and Stadia.
Sony Interactive Entertainment has a huge fanbase, which needs no introduction. But what’s new is the premium quality cutscenes and art direction. And that’s the main reason why Fallen Order has become the talk of many players, especially those who have high-end devices like Stadia and game consoles.
With a high-end game like The Last of Us Part 1, players need to have a device that can work perfectly with the game’s resources. As a game that consumes about 55GB of storage, is destined to have performance issues on slow devices. So if you want to improve the performance of The Last of Us Part 1, assist with the following section.
How Do I Fix The Last of Us Part 1 FPS Drops on PC?
Here are some solutions that would help you in fixing The Last of Us Part 1 FPS or stuttering issues. You are mainly required to perform some customizations with the system OS. Because this isn’t a game bug, but only your game is getting less amount of the resources that are required for a smooth launch and gameplay.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Dedicate The Last of Us Part 1 Manually
If any of the The Last of Us Part 1 players face difficulty in using GPU, they should select it manually from their respective GPU managers.
I have talked about NVIDIA and AMD users individually, in the following section:
1. Launch NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. Navigate to 3D Settings >> Manage 3D Settings
3. Go to Program Settings and add The Last of Us Part 1
4. Choose a High-performance NVIDIA processor
5. After saving the changes, restart your PC.
1. Launch AMD Radeon Settings
2. Navigate to System and select Switchable Graphics
3. Restart your system.
Update Graphics Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
1. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
2. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
3. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
4. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
5. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Exit Unwanted Background Tasks
Some background running apps can intercept your The Last of Us Part 1 gameplay. It would be better to only run the game and remove all the background apps/processes.
1. Launch Task Manager from the context menu bar (press Win + X keys to launch the context menu)
2. Go to the processes tab.
3. Choose the unwanted apps and click on the End Task button.
Customize In-Game Settings
In-game optimization can also be helpful in fixing the issues related to GPU.
Here’s what you need to do to make The Last of Us Part 1 run smoothly on your computer.
1. From the The Last of Us Part 1 lobby, click on the Settings icon.
2. Turn off VSync
3. Shift advanced settings to low or medium.
Repair The Last of Us Part 1 Files
If you can still not launch The Last of Us Part 1, you should consider repairing its files from the game launcher. This would help you in fixing any corruptions and faults from the game’s files, that are caused by the faulty third-party apps.
1. Launch Steam and navigate to the Library section
2. Right-click on The Last of Us Part 1 and select Properties
3. Go to the Local Files tab
4. Click on Verify the integrity of game files.
5. Relaunch Steam and The Last of Us Part 1 on it.
Reinstall The Last of Us Part 1
You should also try reinstalling The Last of Us Part 1, as it will help you in removing all the clutters from the game’s directory.
1. So while using Steam, right-click on The Last of Us Part 1 and select Manage
2. Now, click on the Uninstall option.
3. Once the game is removed from the library, reinstall it.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to fix The Last of Us Part 1 FPS Drops on PC, at it’sDailyTech.