Tchia is an adventure game developed by Awaceb. The game is set on a tropical island and follows the story of a young girl named Tchia who has the ability to possess and control any creature or object on the island.
Players can explore the island, solve puzzles, and discover hidden secrets as they progress through the game.
Tchia also features a unique musical component, where players can use different instruments found on the island to create their own music and perform for other characters in the game.
In this article, I’ll share some troubleshooting methods to help users who are unable to launch Tchia on their computers.
How Do I Fix Tchia Crashing at Startup?
Here are some troubleshooting workarounds that can be implied to fix the Tchia crashing at startup or not launching issue. I have listed various methods, by considering all the scenarios that can trigger this error.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Always ensure that your system has enough juice to run Tchia.
Operating System: Windows 10/11 (x64)
Processor: Intel i5 / AMD Ryzen equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1060 (6GB) or equivalent AMD
DirectX: Version 11 or higher
Launch Tchia as Administrator
First of all, you should try launching Tchia with administrative rights. This would allow you to run the game without facing any blockades from antivirus software.
1. Right-click on the shortcut icon of Tchia and select Properties.
2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the Run this program as administrator box.
4. Click on the Ok button.
Update GPU Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build.
1. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
2. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
3. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
4. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
5. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
6. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Some Visual C++ Runtime files can get corrupted, so you should reinstall the C++ on your Windows PC.
1. Press the Win + I keys to launch Settings
2. Go to the Apps & Features tab.
3. Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files.
4. Go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
5. Now, install the downloaded files and reboot your system, after the successful installation.
Verify Tchia Files
Players can also repair/verify Tchia files directly from the Steam client. This would allow them to fix any corruptions from the game file directory, that are causing the crashing trouble.
1. Navigate to the Library section on Steam.
2. Right-click on Tchia and select Properties.
3. Go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
4. Relaunch Steam, once the verification is completed.
Force Start Tchia with DirectX 11
Players can also launch Tchia through DirectX 11 or above, directly from the Steam client.
1. Launch Steam and go to Library.
2. Now, right-click on Tchia and choose Properties.
3. Navigate to the General tab.
4. Under Launch Options, type -dx11 and save changes.
5. Launch Tchia on Steam.
As a last resort, you should reinstall Tchia on your computer.
If you are playing it on Steam then here’s what you need to do:
1. Uninstall Tchia from the Library section.
2. Close Steam and clear the cache memory of your system.
3. Launch Steam and reinstall Tchia.
That’s all, thanks for visiting it’sDailyTech.