“Sons of the Forest” is a survival horror video game developed and published by Endnight Games Ltd. It is the sequel to the critically acclaimed game “The Forest”.
The game is set in a mysterious forest where players take on the role of a survivor who has to fight for survival against various creatures and other dangers.
Fix: Sons of the Forest Low FPS on PC
And, I’ve discussed some methods to fix the Sons of the Forest Crashing at Startup problem on a computer.
How Do I Fix Sons of the Forest Crashing at Startup Issue?
Here are some troubleshooting workarounds that can be implied to fix the Sons of the Forest crashing at startup or not launching issue. I have listed various methods, by considering all the scenarios that can trigger this error.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Always ensure that your system has enough juice to run Sons of the Forest.
Operating System: Windows 10/11 (x64)
Processor: Intel i5 / AMD Ryzen equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB) or equivalent AMD
DirectX: Version 11 or higher
Launch Sons of the Forest as Administrator
First of all, you should try launching Sons of the Forest with administrative rights. This would allow you to run the game without facing any blockades from antivirus software.
1. Right-click on the shortcut icon of Sons of the Forest and select Properties.
2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the Run this program as administrator box.
4. Click on the Ok button.
Update GPU Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build.
1. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
2. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
3. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
4. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
5. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
6. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Some Visual C++ Runtime files can get corrupted, so you should reinstall the C++ on your Windows PC.
1. Press the Win + I keys to launch Settings
2. Go to the Apps & Features tab.
3. Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files.
4. Go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
5. Now, install the downloaded files and reboot your system, after the successful installation.
Verify Sons of the Forest Files
Players can also repair/verify Sons of the Forest files directly from the Steam client. This would allow them to fix any corruptions from the game file directory, that are causing the crashing trouble.
1. Navigate to the Library section on Steam.
2. Right-click on Sons of the Forest and select Properties.
3. Go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
4. Relaunch Steam, once the verification is completed.
Force Start Sons of the Forest with DirectX 11
Players can also launch Sons of the Forest through DirectX 11 or above, directly from the Steam client.
1. Launch Steam and go to Library.
2. Now, right-click on Sons of the Forest and choose Properties.
3. Navigate to the General tab.
4. Under Launch Options, type -dx11 and save changes.
5. Launch Sons of the Forest on Steam.
Reinstall Sons of the Forest
As a last resort, you should reinstall Sons of the Forest on your computer.
If you are playing it on Steam then here’s what you need to do:
1. Uninstall Sons of the Forest from the Library section.
2. Close Steam and clear the cache memory of your system.
3. Launch Steam and reinstall Sons of the Forest.
That’s all, thanks for visiting it’sDailyTech.