- Sonic Frontiers is a Platform Game published by Sega.
- The game’s available for Game Consoles and Microsoft Windows.
- I will discuss some methods to fix Sonic Frontiers Crashing at Startup on PC.
Not a single soul from the gaming industry is unaware of the Sonic franchise. Still, everyone likes to be a part of this colorful world and collect as many rings as possible.
The only problem with the game is that it crashes at times when you are trying to launch it on your computer. It’s normally because your system isn’t responding to Steam.
In that case scenario, you should focus on making your system compatible with the game’s resources, so it could launch smoothly, without any errors.
How Do I Fix Sonic Frontiers Not Launching Issue?
Here are some troubleshooting workarounds that can be implied to fix the Sonic Frontiers crashing at startup or not launching issue. I have listed various methods, by considering all the scenarios that can trigger this error.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Always ensure that your system has enough juice to run Sonic Frontiers.
Operating System: Windows 10 (x64)
Processor: Intel i5 / AMD Ryzen equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB) or equivalent AMD
DirectX: Version 11 or higher
Launch Sonic Frontiers as Administrator
First of all, you should try launching Sonic Frontiers with administrative rights. This would allow you to run the game without facing any blockades from antivirus software.
1. Right-click on the shortcut icon of Sonic Frontiers and select Properties.
2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the Run this program as administrator box.
4. Click on the Ok button.
Update GPU Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build.
1. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
2. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
3. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
4. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
5. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
6. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Some Visual C++ Runtime files can get corrupted, so you should reinstall the C++ on your Windows PC.
1. Press the Win + I keys to launch Settings
2. Go to the Apps & Features tab.
3. Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files.
4. Go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
5. Now, install the downloaded files and reboot your system, after the successful installation.
Verify Sonic Frontiers Files
Players can also repair/verify Sonic Frontiers files directly from the Steam client. This would allow them to fix any corruptions from the game file directory, that is causing the crashing trouble.
1. Navigate to the Library section on Steam.
2. Right-click on Sonic Frontiers and select Properties.
3. Go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
4. Relaunch Steam, once the verification is completed.
Force Start Sonic Frontiers with DirectX 11
Players can also launch Sonic Frontiers through DirectX 11 or above, directly from the Steam client.
1. Launch Steam and go to Library.
2. Now, right-click on Sonic Frontiers and choose Properties.
3. Navigate to the General tab.
4. Under Launch Options, type -dx11 and save changes.
5. Launch Sonic Frontiers on Steam.
Reinstall Sonic Frontiers
As a last resort, you should reinstall Sonic Frontiers on your computer.
If you are playing it on Steam then here’s what you need to do:
1. Uninstall Sonic Frontiers from the Library section.
2. Close Steam and clear the cache memory of your system.
3. Launch Steam and reinstall Sonic Frontiers.
That’s all, thanks for visiting it’sDailyTech.