- Snapchat is social media platform preferred by users who like to keep their communications activities private.
- Because of numerous reasons, there have been complaints about the Snapchat Not Showing Messages error.
- If you are troubled by this issue, use the drafted solutions to bypass it.
Snapchat is the most secure portal that allows users to chat with one another. But if a user isn’t allowed to view the received messages, there’ll be no benefit left of this app.
So in case, you are also unable to receive messages or notifications on Snapchat, consult the following section.
Get Snapchat to Show Messages
- Restart your phone, it just might be a minor glitch.
- Update the Snapchat app
- Clear Snapchat cache and data.
- Grant nesscary app privileges.
- Reinstall the Snapchat app.
How Do I Fix Snapchat Not Showing Messages?
Individuals are requested to consider all the possibilities related to Snapchat Not Showing Messages. Because the glitch may reside within the system, app, or associated servers.
So I will provide workarounds that I collected from online forums that helped users in fixing this issue.
Restart your Smartphone
Before performing any customizations, you should try restarting your smartphone, to check whether it’s a normal systematic glitch or not.
To do so, long press the power button on your Android device and select the Restart option from the shutdown interface.
And if you are using an iPhone, press-n-hold the power and volume down buttons. Now, move the slider to shut it down. Afterward, turn it on by long pressing the side button.
This Snapchat Not Showing Messages glitch might be because the app’s not updated.
So in that case scenario, you should consult with the Google Play Store to check for pending app updates.
Launch Google Play Store and use its search bar to open Snapchat. After navigating to the app’s installation page, tap on the Update button.
Remove Junk Files
It is also true that clearing the cache memory of an app can help you resolve the issues and improve its performance.
Because the junk files may mess with the app’s resources while they are trying to respond to your requests.
- Launch Settings and go to the App section.
- Select the Snapchat app and navigate to the Storage tab.
- Click on the “Clear Cache” button.
- Restart your smartphone and check if it resolves the issue or not.
In case the app’s files are beyond fixes, you should try re-installing it on your smartphone.
This action would help your system perform a clean installation of the app, so you are not bothered by any issues.
To start, long-press on the icon of Snapchat and select Uninstall. Confirm your action and wait until the process is completed. Next up, install the latest version of Snapchat from Play Store or App Store.
Examine Granted Privileges
Snapchat can only work properly if it’s granted access to certain privileges.
So users need to make sure that all the required permissions are granted to the app, so its services are not blocked by the system.
- Long-press on the icon of Snapchat and select “App Info”
- Tap on the Permissions tab.
- Ensure that the following permissions are granted:
- After granting the required permissions, relaunch Snapchat.
Check App Status
In case you are still unable to receive messages or notifications on Snapchat, it’s time for you to check the app’s status.
There’s no official portal that helps you complete such a task, but you can consult with platforms like DownDetector to accomplish such a goal.
Click here to visit the DownDetector website and select Snapchat from the given options. You can also use the search bar to open the current status of Snapchat.
If you are getting the result indicating that the servers are down, you should wait for a while until they are back alive-n-kicking.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to fix Snapchat Not Showing Messages at it’sDailyTech.