- Snapchat is an instant messaging social media platform.
- It allows one to enable 2FA or login to other devices, after receiving the security code.
- I will discuss methods to fix Snapchat Not Sending Security Code.
There’s no denying that Snapchat is mostly preferred by users who want to keep a low profile. People who don’t want to compromise their online privacy, while chatting with others.
To keep using Snapchat securely, users can also enable 2FA authentication. Else, they also have the option of logging into Snapchat on a different device like a mobile or PC.
For enabling 2FA or logging into a different device, users are required to verify their accounts. And that’s only possible if they received the verification code from Snapchat.
How Do I Fix Snapchat Not Sending Security Code?
Here is a list of error bypassing workarounds that would help you in getting the security code from Snapchat. You can implement these methods on your mobile devices (Android and iPhone).
Total Time: 7 minutes
Check Snapchat Servers
Once in a blue moon, Snapchat’s servers are down, resulting-in, in users being unable to make the most of their favorite social apps.
There are two ways to check the status of Snapchat servers:
Visit the official Twitter account that delivers updated news about Snapchat’s services.
Consult with third-party services like DownDetector to examine the current status of Snapchat’s servers.
Always keep your Snapchat app updated to the latest version. Because the developer delivers the fixes for the previously encountered bugs in the shape of updates.
If you are using an Android device, update the app from Google Play. Else, iPhone users can manually update Snapchat from the App Store.
Clear Snapchat Cache
Only Android users have the option of clearing the cache of the Snapchat app. They need to do it to clear all the junk files that are interrupting the real-time app’ interface.
1. Long-tap on the icon of Snapchat and select App Info.
2. Navigate to the Storage section.
3. Tap on the Clear Cache button.
Get Security Code via Email
Because of issues in the network, you might not receive the code via messages. In that case, you should opt for the security code via email.
1. From the login interface of Snapchat, tap on the Forgot Password link.
2. Select the receive security code via email option.
3. Check your email and use the received security code to verify your account.
Note: Check the spam folder in your email inbox, if you haven’t yet received the security code.
Disable VPN Services
When you connect your mobile device with a VPN, it usually slows your internet speed. And your IP address is changed, so Snapchat servers might not be able to connect with your device properly.
In that case, you should disable the VPN services and then command Snapchat to send you a security code. This would allow you to receive the code and verify your account within minutes.
Reset Network Settings
As a last resort, you can reset network settings on your mobile. The process is different on Android and iOS devices, so I’ll explain it individually.
1. Launch Settings and navigate to the General Management tab.
2. Tap on the Reset option.
3. Select Reset Network Settings.
4. Tap on the Reset Settings button.
1. Launch Settings and navigate to the General tab.
2. Tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
3. Select Reset.
4. Tap on Reset Network Settings.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading about methods to fix Snapchat Not Sending Security Code, at it’sDailyTech.