- Skype is the most popular VoIP service available in the market.
- It’s the best alternative for apps like Slack and Zoom, preffered by various fields users.
- Somehow, Skype Keeps Crashing on Windows 11, so I will be delivering fixes for it.
Many users prefer Skype to socialize with their friends and colleagues via VoIP calls. But I have seen complaints from Windows 11 users, telling a true tale that Skype keeps crashing or not loading at all on their system.
Are you also facing the same issue?
If you are a victim of this Skype Not Working issue, do consult with the following section. As it describes various workarounds to help you get rid of this error start using Skype on Windows PC like before.
How Do I Fix Skype Keeps Crashing on Windows 11?
Update Windows OS
It’s essential that you keep your Windows OS updated to the latest build, every update file comes with a bunch of fixes, required to bypass the common problems.
- Launch Windows 11 Settings.
- From the left pane, choose the Windows Update tab.
- Click on the Check for Updates button
- If you are notified about a pending update, click on the Download Now button.
- Now, allow your system to download & install the required OS files.
Sometimes Skype’s resources stop working, resulting in, users being forced to bear the difficulties while contacting their contacts.
In that case, relaunching Skype by following a proper procedure can be helpful. As it would help you in restarting the app’s resources, so they could respond correctly to the received requests.
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager
- Navigate to the Processes tab.
- Select Skype from the given list of apps and click on End Task
- Restart your PC and now launch Skype on it.
Update Associated Drivers
Some drivers need to be updated to the latest version, so they can respond well with Skype. For instance, your Web camera and graphics drivers should be updated, so you are not bothered by any incompatibility issues.
- Launch Device Manager using the search bar.
- Expand the Cameras tab
- Right-click on Integrated Cameras and select Update Driver
- Allow your system to search for driver files and install them
- Now, expand the Display Adapters tab on Device Manager
- Right-click on your GPU device and choose Update Driver
- Again, let your system search and install the driver files automatically.
- Once both of these drivers are updated, reboot your system.
Use the Web Version
In case you don’t have to wait for a new OS or app update, you should consult with Skype’s web version. At this point, no errors are found on the online services, so you can use it to make VoIP calls to your friends or colleagues online.
After visiting Skype’s website, you should log in with the same account that you are currently using on the app. This way, you will be allowed to access all your account data and make an instant call to one of your contacts.
No additional charges are implied to users willing to benefit from Skype Online. It’s the same service that you are claiming on the app, but only now do you have to use your browser to launch it.
If you encounter that Skype is working perfectly on the web, but only its app is troubling you, do consider reinstalling Skype. As of now, you know that there is something wrong with the app’s files that are only responding badly at your end.
- Press Win + I to open Settings
- Navigate to Apps → Apps & Features
- Choose Skype and click on Uninstall
- Once the app is uninstalled, restart your computer
- Now, reinstall Skype on your Windows PC.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to fix Skype Keeps Crashing on Windows 11, at it’sDailyTech.