Most people around the world use the Gmail app to go through their Emails. Even iPhone and iPad users use the same Gmail app. Many people have asked us whether then can Set Gmail As Default Mail App On iPhone Or iPad. The answer is yes! you can set it as the default mail app on your device.
As we are talking about making the Gmail app the default on iPhone. Let me make it more clear for you guys. You can easily set any official mailing app like Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, and others as the default mailing app on iPhone or iPad.
How To Set Gmail As Default Mail App On iPhone
To set another mailing app as the default mailing app on iPhone you must have iOS 14 or later. If you have an older iOS or iPad OS version then there is no option for changing the default Mail app. Moreover, make sure that you have the latest version of the Gmail app or any other mailing app that you want to make as the default mailing app.
Check iOS or iPad OS Version
- Open Settings menu.
- Scroll down to General Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select the About option.
- Here look for Software, and the iOS version will be written in front of it.
The same method can be performed on an iPad to check the iPad OS version.
Set Gmail As Default Mail App
- Open the setting on your iPhone or iPad.
- In the settings menu, scroll down and look for the Gmail App option.
- Tap on it to open it.
- Under the “Allow Gmail To Access” Section, you will see the Default Mail App Option.
- Tap on it, you will see that the Stock Mail app is selected as default.
- Here you will see other mailing app options. Select the Gmail option to make it the default mailing app.
Moreover, if you have installed another mailing app on your device, then there will also appear in the list. You can also make them the Default mailing app if you want to.
Now the Stock Mail app is not the default mailing app as you have selected Gmail. Thus, whenever you click on a new email link the Gmail app will open.
The Stock Mail App on an iPhone is very powerful and can perform much better than the third-party mailing application. I myself recommend you guys to use the default Mail app because the default apps are interlinked and use can easily perform multiple tasks without any hassle.
This article was all regarding the method to Set Gmail As Default Mail App On iPhone Or iPad. This method can only be performed on iOS 14 or later iOS versions, the same goes for iPad. Thank you for your time, and keep supporting ItsDailyTech.