- Ruined King follows a story of a cursed island named Black Mist, in which, players try to find out the sources that kept the island alive for magical creatures.
- The game’s quite fun to play, but only if you are not annoyed by the errors like Ruined King Controller Not Working.
- I will deliver some troubleshooting solutions to help users bypass this issue on their computers.
An RPG game like Ruined King: A League of Legends Story can only be enjoyed fully if you have connected game controllers with your PC. But certainly, various users have complained about being unable to benefit from such a facility, because of unsupported controller problems. So if you are facing the same issue, after launching Ruined King on Steam, consult with the following section to bypass this error.
How Do I Fix Ruined King Controller Not Working?
Individuals need to consider three possibilities, in the case of the Ruined King Controller Not Working issue. Because there can be trouble with Windows OS, Game Files, or the XML files that support the connection with your game controller. So by considering such scenarios, I deliver some workarounds to help players get rid of this error.
Various players reported that replugging their game controllers bypassed this issue. So you should do the same, but by following the proper procedure.
- Shut down your computer (don’t restart) and disconnect the controller from the USB Port.
- Turn on your PC and launch Ruined King on Steam.
- After launching the game, replug your game controller and see how it works for you.
Remove Problematic File
Whenever you connect your Controller with a PC, the operating system executes the process by collecting data from the corresponding XML file. In this case, the data is bieng collected from the controller bindings.xml file. So the data available in this file may be corrupted and messing with the controller support. So you need to remove it and check if that helps you in resolving the issue.
- Launch the Windows Explorer and go to the game directory (where you have installed Ruined King).
- If you haven’t customized the folder destination while installing the game, your game folder path will be “C:\AppData\LocalLow\Airship Syndicate\Ruined King\Steam ID”
- Locate the controller bindings.xml file and delete it from the directory.
- Afterward, restart your PC to benefit from the implied changes.
Repair Ruined King Files
If the above-mentioned methods didn’t work well for you in fixing Ruined King Controller Not Working, you should consider repairing the game files. This action will help you in repairing the missing or corrupted game files directly from the Steam client. And, there’ll be no risk of game data loss.
- From the main interface of the Steam client, ensure to log in using your registered ID and click on the Library tab.
- You will be provided with the list of installed games, from where you need to right-click on Ruined King and select Properties from the list of available options.
- After navigating to the game’s menu, click on the Local Files tab.
- On the right pane of the interface, click on the “Verify integrity of game files” option.
- Confirm your action and wait until the process is completed.
- Thereafter, relaunch Steam and Ruined King: A League of Legends Story on your Windows PC.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to fix Ruined King Controller Not Working at it’sDailyTech.