- Roblox Offers a virtual world with no limits.
- The game’s offered by Roblox Corporation for Windows, iOS, Android, and Mac devices.
- But unfortunately, PC users are irritated by the Roblox Not Launching issue, for which, I will assist with various error bypassing solutions.
Games like Roblox are more fun to play on devices with a bigger display. But to launch a game on the computer, players have to ensure that all the system requirements are met. And even after meeting such requirements, if they still have to face the Roblox Not Launching error, they should perform the following workarounds.
How Do I Fix Roblox Not Launching?
To launch a game like Roblox on PC, a user has to consider numerous requirements. Such as, the game should be launched with admin rights, the associated drivers and Windows OS is updated, there are no corrupted system files, etc. So now, I guide my readers on what actions should be taken to fix Roblox Not Launching on PC.
Run Roblox with Admin Rights
Roblox game requires administrative privileges, so it can launch with all the required resources, and its services are not blocked by the operating system.
- Right-click on the desktop shortcut of Roblox and select Properties
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the “Run this program as an administrator” box.
- Click on the Apply >> Ok buttons.
Clear Roblox Data
Corrupted or faulty game data can cause troubles during the Roblox launch. So in order to bypass the issues, caused at the time of launching the game, users should consider deleting its temporary files from their PC.
- Press Win + E keys to launch the File Explorer.
- Navigate to the following file destination (Remove DELL PC with your current username):
- C:\Users\DELL PC\AppData\Local
- Open the Roblox folder and delete all files from it.
- Now, restart your PC and try launching Roblox.
Disable Proxy Server for LAN
In case proxy server settings are configured on your LAN, you may start to encounter Roblox not launching on PC. So it would be best to ensure that such settings are disabled and before you launch the game.
- Use the search bar to open the “Folder Options” utility.
- Navigate to the Connections section and click on the LAN Settings button.
- Inside the Proxy Server, ensure that the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” box is unchecked.
- Save implied changes and relaunch Roblox.
To fix any IP or DNS server-related issues, players should consider flushing the configured DNS settings. So if they are encountering the Roblox Cannot Connect to Server issue, they can easily fix it.
- Type cmd inside the search bar and click on the “Run as administrator” option.
- Inside the command prompt, execute the following command:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- Once the command is executed, restart your computer.
Examine Roblox Status
It is a possibility that Roblox’s servers are not responding correctly, and that’s why players are unable to launch the game. So in that case scenario, players should try checking the current status of the game. They can consult with platforms like DownDetector or use the official support page to examine the ongoing status of their favorite virtual reality game.
PowerCycle Network Router
Players also consider implying some fixes to their network routers. Rather than just restarting the router/modem, they should perform a PowerCycle. For that, turn off the router and disconnect all the cables from it. Now, after waiting for about 30 to 40 seconds, turn it on and connect it with their computer and relaunch Roblox.
Update Graphics Drivers
It’s recommended that your system drivers are updated to the latest version. Especially, when you are playing Roblox on PC, you should ensure that at least the graphics drivers are updated.
- Launch Device Manager using from the start menu.
- Expand the Display Adapters tab.
- Right-click on your GPU device and select Update Driver.
- Next up, select “Search automatically for drivers”
- After updating the outdated drivers, reboot your PC.
Use a Different Browser
If you are playing Roblox online, and encountering the same launch error, you should consider using a different web browser. For example, if you are a victim of the Roblox Not Launching on Chrome issue, visit our guide to recognize the fastest web browsers for Windows OS. Get a free browser and use it to launch Roblox online.
Update Windows OS
Outdated Windows OS can also be problematic and cause issues, while you try to launch high-end games like Roblox. So you should install the pending OS updates to resolve this issue.
- Press Win + I keys to launch settings.
- Navigate to Update Security
- Click on the Check for Updates button.
- If you are notified about a pending update, allows your system to download & install the required files.
End Unwanted Tasks
Some background processes and services can mess with the game resources. So players need to make sure that all the unwanted processes are disabled, before launching Roblox.
- Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Select the unwanted processes/programs and click on the End Task button.
- Restart your computer and try to launch Roblox on it.
Clean Boot Windows OS
Some third-party programs can mess with the resources of your game, so it would be best if you disable all of them and launch Roblox with administrative privileges.
- Squeeze Win + R keys.
- Type “msconfig” inside the Run box and press Enter.
- Go to the Services tab and check the “Hide All Microsoft Services” box.
- Click on the Disable all >> Ok buttons and restart your PC.
Use a VPN
Some country’s IP is blocked on the Roblox servers to avoid loads of traffic. In that case, users should consider using a VPN. This action would also help them in fixing any network-related issues. And visit our detailed guide to learn the benefits of using VPN services. So they can connect with a different country’s IP, that’s not blocked due to geographical restrictions.
In case all of the aforementioned solutions didn’t help you in fixing the Roblox Not Launching issue, it’s time for you to reinstall the game.
- Squeeze Win + X keys and select “Apps & Features” from the context menu.
- Use the available search bar to locate and select Roblox.
- After selecting the game, click on the Uninstall button and confirm your action.
- Once it’s uninstalled, download & install the latest version of Roblox on your PC.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading How to Fix Roblox Not Launching on PC at it’sDailyTech.