- Return to Monkey is a puzzle video game published by Devolver Digital.
- It’s another addition to the Monkey Island series.
- I will discuss methods to fix Return to Monkey Island Won’t Launch on PC.
With 7 to 8 hours of gameplay, Return to Monkey Island is one of the trending puzzle games. Because it offers quite unique sea pirates gameplay, where the hero has to complete plenty of in-game tasks to get to Monkey Island.
The tasks keep getting harder, as the character continues his journey. But he finds love in the way and learns a lot of things like cooking and many surviving skills.
No matter the cost, he will have to defeat the deadly pirates to complete his journey. So learning to fight and finding the right clues are the best ways for him to get to his destination.
How Do I Fix Return to Monkey Island Won’t Launch?
Here are some troubleshooting workarounds that can be implied to fix the Return to Monkey Island crash on startup or midgame. I have listed various methods, by considering all the scenarios that can trigger this error.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Always ensure that your system has enough juice to run Return to Monkey Island.
Operating System: Windows 10 (x64) or higher
Processor: Intel i3 / AMD Ryzen equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (2048 VRAM) or equivalent AMD
DirectX: Version 11 or higher
Launch Return to Monkey Island as Administrator
First of all, you should try launching Return to Monkey Island with administrative rights. This would allow you to run the game without facing any blockades from antivirus software.
1. Right-click on the shortcut icon of Return to Monkey Island and select Properties
2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab
3. Check the Run this program as administrator box.
4. Click on the Ok button.
Update GPU Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build.
1. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
2. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
3. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
4. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
5. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
6. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Some Visual C++ Runtime files can get corrupted, so you should reinstall the C++ on your Windows PC.
1. Press the Win + I keys to launch Settings
2. Go to the Apps & Features tab.
3. Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files.
4. Go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
5. Now, install the downloaded files and reboot your system, after the successful installation.
Verify Return to Monkey Island Files
Players can also repair/verify Return to Monkey Island files directly from the Steam client. This would allow them to fix any corruptions from the game file directory, that is causing the crashing trouble.
1. Navigate to the Library section on Steam.
2. Right-click on Return to Monkey Island and select Properties
3. Go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files
4. Relaunch Steam, once the verification is completed.
Force Start Return to Monkey Island with DirectX 11
Players can also launch Return to Monkey Island through DirectX 11 or above, directly from the Steam client.
1. Launch Steam and go to Library.
2. Now, right-click on Return to Monkey Island and choose Properties.
3. Navigate to the General tab.
4. Under Launch Options, type -dx11 and save changes.
5. Launch Return to Monkey Island on Steam.
Reinstall Return to Monkey Island
As a last resort, you should reinstall Return to Monkey Island on your computer.
If you are playing it on Steam then here’s what you need to do:
1. Uninstall Return to Monkey Island from the Library section.
2. Close Steam and clear the cache memory of your system.
3. Launch Steam and reinstall Return to Monkey Island.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading about methods to fix Return to Monkey Island Crashing at Startup, at it’sDailyTech.