Apple is known for having certain protocols for protecting the user’s data and privacy. Apple is also known to have strict policy and Reset Apple ID Password is not so tough. But users have to complete multiple checks before they can change the password. However, if we compare the same method for an Android device, then, it is very easy, and very little time is consumed.
Additionally, non of the Apple employees can access your data. Only the user can access it after the device verification and other checks. The following article contains three different methods to Reset Apple ID Password. Each method is different for different situations. So you can learn all three methods and apply the suitable method for resetting Apple ID Password.
Method 1: How To Reset Apple ID Password On iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
If you want to change the Apple ID password of the device, that you are currently using. And have full access to it (screen password unlocked), then the password changing method will only take a few minutes. This method will only work if you wish to change the Apple ID Password and have not forgotten the Apple ID Password. Here is what you need to do.
- Unlock your device, and head to the main settings menu.
- Now tap on your name appear on the top of the screen.
- The Apple ID menu will open.
- Tap on the Password and Security option, this is the second option from the top.
- Now confirm if your Apple ID is protected by iCloud.
- If not enable iCloud services.
- Now Tap on the Change Password option.
- A prompt will appear on the device screen, verify by entering the device password.
- If your device is not password protected, then this prompt will not appear.
- Another prompt will appear, here enter the new password for your Apple ID.
- Also, verify the new password.
- Tap on the Change button on the top right corner of the screen to save the changes.
Now all you have to do is to log in to your Apple ID with the new to verify the changes. This is how you can Reset Apple ID Password on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. However, the simar method can be used on Mac OS devices, but there are some slight changes.
This method only works if iCloud is enabled on the device. That is why in the method, I have asked you guys to enable the iCloud services. So, if you don’t have iCloud enabled, then that means, you have forgotten the Apple ID password. In that case, thy the next method.
Method 2: Using Find My App To Change The Apple ID Password
If you have forgotten your Apple ID password, then this method will help you. However, you have e to follow the steps accurately. In this situating, you can bypass the Account security with the help of a trusted device. As your friend or family member to download and install Find My App on their device.
Or you can use your secondary device to access Apple support. Moreover, this method will not work on devices running on iOS 9 to iOS 12. So, if your device has iOS 13 or greater, then follow the method drafter below.
- On your friend’s device or your secondary device, find and open the Find My App.
- When the Sign-in screen appears, make sure that the username field is empty.
- If there is another Apple ID written, then erase it.
- If no sign-in screen is appearing, this means that someone is already logged in. Logout and again make sure that the username and the password field are empty.
- Now, Tap on the Forgot Apple ID or Password button from the bottom of the screen.
- Many on-screen steps will appear, follow them carefully.
- After that, a prompt will appear, now two times verify the Password of the device to continue.
- Now Your Password Has Been Changed screen will appear, click on the Continue button.
This is how you can change your Apple ID password using the Find My App. Now you just have to log in to your Apple ID with the new password to verify the changes.
If the above two method does not work for you, then there is a chance that your iCloud is not enabled. Also, there is a chance that iCloud is not log in on an eligible device. These are some of the checks from apple to protect the user data and information. Try the next method to Reset Apple ID Password.
Method 3: Using The Web Browser
The following method will only work with those devices that don’t have two-factor authentication enabled. In this method, you can Reset Apple ID Password by using your Apple ID Email Address. Or by answering the security questions. Here is what you need to do.
- Open any Internet Web Browser on your device.
- Now visit Apple’s official page for resetting the password.
- Tap on this address to visit the page – iforgot.AppleID.
- Enter your Apple ID and click on the Continue button to get started.
- Now select any one of the given options, then click on the Continue option.
- Receive an Email (On your Apple Id Email address)
- Answer security questions (The one set by you while creating your Apple ID)
If You Select Receive An Email
- You will receive an email at your email address containing the reset link.
- Tap on the Reset Now option in the received email.
- A new screen will appear, enter your new password and verify it.
- Now press the reset now option.
Sign in to the ID to verify the changes.
Answer Security Questions
Reset Apple ID Password by answering security questions. You will be prompted to a screen containing all the security questions.
- Verify the Birthday date information.
- Answer all the security questions set by yourself.
- Once completed, you will be redirected to a new page to enter your new password and verify it.
Now, Verify the changes by logging into the Apple ID with the newly settled password.
This is all regarding Reset Apple ID Password. The methods explained above are for different situations like Simple Password change, Forgotten Apple ID password change, Change password of ID without two-factor authentication. Learn all about Apple and genuine fixes with the help of our guides.
Thank you for your time, and keep supporting ItsDailyTech.