Gmail is a free email service provided by Google that allows users to send and receive emails, as well as organize and manage their emails with features such as labels, filters, and search functionality.
In addition to email, Gmail also provides users with other features such as Google Drive for online storage, Google Calendar for scheduling and time management, and Google Meet for video conferencing.
In this article, you’ll learn the 2 methods to Remove Gmail Account on Android.
Visit: How do I remove a Google account from my computer
Perks of Removing Gmail Account
The decision to remove Gmail from an Android device would depend on the individual’s personal preferences and needs. However, here are some potential perks of removing Gmail from an Android device:
By removing Gmail, you may be able to reduce the amount of personal data that Google collects on your device, which could enhance your privacy.
If you find yourself frequently checking your email and getting distracted from other tasks, removing Gmail could help you stay focused and productive.
More Storage Space
In case you have limited storage space on your Android device, removing Gmail and other Google apps could free up valuable space for other apps and files.
Reduced Battery Usage
If you have background sync enabled for Gmail, it could be using up battery life on your device. By removing Gmail, you may be able to extend your battery life.
Use Alternative Email Apps
Removing Gmail does not mean you have to give up email altogether. There are many alternative email apps available on the Google Play Store that can provide similar functionality, such as Microsoft Outlook, Yahoo Mail, and ProtonMail.
Read: How to Create Gmail Account without Phone Number
How Do I Remove Gmail Account on Android?
To remove a Gmail account from an Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Scroll down and select “Accounts”.
- Select the Gmail account you want to remove.
- On the account details screen, tap the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Select “Remove account” from the drop-down menu.
- Confirm that you want to remove the account by tapping “Remove account” again on the pop-up confirmation.
- Your Gmail account will now be removed from your Android device.
Note: Removing a Gmail account from your Android device will also remove any associated data and content, such as emails, contacts, and calendar events, from your device. If you want to keep this data, you may need to back it up or transfer it to another account before removing the Gmail account.
Remove Gmail Account on Android via Computer
To remove a Gmail account from your Android device using a computer, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to the Google Account management page (myaccount.google.com).
- Sign in with the Google account that is associated with the Gmail account you want to remove.
- On the Google Account management page, select “Security” from the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down to the “Your devices” section and select “Manage devices”.
- Find the Android device that has the Gmail account you want to remove and select it.
- On the device details page, select “Account access” and then select “Remove” next to the Gmail account you want to remove.
- Confirm that you want to remove the account by selecting “Yes”.
- The Gmail account will now be removed from your Android device.
Note: If you have multiple Google accounts associated with your Android device, removing a Gmail account from one account may not remove it from all accounts on the device. You may need to repeat the steps above for each Google account that has the Gmail account you want to remove.
That’s all, thanks for visiting it’sDailyTech.