Learn the method to Remove AirTag From Find MY app on iPhone or iPad. If you don’t need an AirTag anymore, you can’t just dispose of it, it is a complete waste of money. But if you are planning to give it away to a friend or sell it to someone else. Then there are few steps that you have to perform before giving it away.
There is no transfer of ownership of AirTag. However, you have to manually remove it from the connected Apple device. Or else the other owner of the AirTag won’t be able to use it. Just like if you sell your iPhone you would probably restore it to the factory settings. The same goes for the AirTag, which you have to remove from your device Find My. So it won’t be synced with your Apple ID anymore.
How Can I Remove AirTag From Find MY On iPhone Or iPad
Follow the procedure given below to remove AirTag permanently from your device. The method is quite easy, so without taking any more of your time here is the procedure.
- Open the Find My app from your device. (iPhone or iPad)
- The Find My app will show all the active devices in Fing My. But the accessories are not shown here. Tab on the Items button at the bottom of the screen.
- Here you will see all the accessory items including AirTage and other third-party Find My accessories.
- On the menu, you will see all the accessories items. Swipe left on the accessory, that you want to remove from your Find My.
- The delete Trash Can appears next to the accessory item. Tab on the Trash Can icon to continue.
- Remove AirTag menu will appear, Here you will see a “What Will Happen?” if you do this. Read it to understand better. Click on the Remove button from the bottom of the screen.
- An additional confirmation message will pop up. Click on the Remove button to finish the procedure.
This all you need to follow to Remove the AirTag from your Apple device. Now you are free to give the AirTag to anyone or to leave it at home in case you don’t need it anymore. However, then you have to pair the AirTag again with your Apple ID and with the iCloud. You can also learn, How To Set Up and Pair AirTags On iPhone & iPad. And Locate AirTag – Put AirTag In Lost Mode On iPhone & iPad.
Currently, this is the only method to remove AirTags from your devices. The Remove AirTag From Find MY option is only available on the iPhone or iPad. There is no option in Mac devices to remove AirTags. Moreover, on the iCloud Client Software, there is no sign of the AirTag. We hope to see these missing options in the near future.
This is all you need to know regarding, Remove AirTag From Find MY On iPhone Or iPad. If you have any questions, then comment in the comment section below. Thank You for your time, and keep supporting ItsDailyTech.