Looking for important messages on Facebook Messenger? Can’t find them? Maybe you have accidentally deleted the chats from your Facebook Messenger. If this is the case, then don’t worry, Facebook has the reputation for saving read data. So, you can be certain that there is always a way to Recover Deleted Messages From Facebook Messenger On iPhone and from the Web also. Here I will explain both methods that you can perform on an iPhone and even on the Web.
Archived Messages on Facebook Messenger
If you cant find chat in Facebook Messenger, then there is a chance that you might have archived them instead of deleting them permanently. The archived chats can easily retreat on Facebook Messenger. If your lost messages are achieved, then the following steps will guide you in retreating them without any hassle. Here is how you can locate and unarchive chats on Facebook Messenger.
How To Find & Unarchive Chats on iPhone
Follow the method below on your iPhone or iPad.
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad and open the Facebook Messager app.
- Tap on your Profile icon on the top left side.
- In the list, you will find the Archived Chats option.
- Open the option, and you will see all of the archived chats from your Facebook Messenger.
- Now just long press on the chat that you want to unarchive until a pop-up menu appears.
- On this menu select the Unarchive option.
This is how you can find and unarchive chats from Facebook Messenger. Also, Recover Deleted Messages From Facebook Messenger On iPhone by reading the guide till the end.
How To Find & Unarchive Chats on Web
This method can be performed on any web browser of your Windows or Mac PC. Moreover, it can also work on the web browser of smartphones working on any Operating System.
- Open your favorite web browser and head to Facebook.com.
- Log in to your account if required.
- No click on the dotted square on the right side of your Profile icon, on the top right side of the screen.
- Scroll down to the very end of the page and click on the Messenger option.
- Now the Messenger app will open on the web.
- Tap on the three-dot option in the left pane located near Chats and the Facebook Search option.
- A drop-down menu will appear.
- From the menu click on the Archived Chats option.
- Now hover your mouse above the chat that you want to unarchive and click on the three-dot option on the right side of the chat.
- Another menu will appear, click on the Unarchive Chat option.
Now the chat will be restored to the main Messenger chat menu. This is how you can Recover Deleted Messages From Facebook Messenger On iPhone and iPad from the archived section.
How To Recover Deleted Messages From Facebook Messenger On iPhone & iPad
If you can’t find the chat, that you are looking for in the archived section. then it means that you have deleted the chat permanently, Which means they are gone forever ad can not be recovered. However, there is more to the story than you know.
If your deleted messages and chats are important and you really want them back, then downloading the Facebook Chat data is the best option for you. However, you have to be quick, once you have deleted a chat, it will stay for some time on the Facebook server. After that, it will be deleted and no one will be able to access it. So if you are on time, then there is a possibility that you will get your deleted chats back. Otherwise, you are too late, and there is nothing more that you can do about it.
Once you are done with the method, you will receive a Zip file from Facebook, that will contain all of the chat data on your Facebook Messenger. Moreover, if you are not too late, then you will also find the deleted chats and their data. So without taking any more time here is how you can Recover Deleted Messages From Facebook Messenger On iPhone and iPad. Additionally, I have explained the same method for iPhone and for the web so you can use any method, that is easy for you.
Download Facebook Data On iPhone
Recover Deleted Messages From Facebook Messenger On iPhone by following the steps below.
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone and click on the Profile picture icon on the top right.
- Scroll down to the very end of the menu and select Settings & Privacy.
- Tap on the Privacy Shortcuts option, this option is usually at the top second place.
- Scroll down to the Your Facebook Information section. And tap on the Access your information option.
- Again swipe to the bottom of the menu and click on Download your information option.
- A new page will open on your device, Here tap on the Deselect all options and only select Messages.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and tap on Data Ranger, from the options, click on All of my Data.
- You can also change the format of the file and the Media Quality.
- Noe tap on Create File.
- On the next screen, you will see a message saying Pending. This will take 2 to 3 minutes as Facebook is gathering information for you to download.
- Once your download is ready, you will receive a notification o your Facebook account.
- Now tap on the Download button, and verify by providing Facebook with your account password.
- Now click on the Continue button.
Now by using the Default web browser of your iPhone or iPad, the file will be downloaded. Moreover, the same method can be performed on an Android smartphone to Recover Deleted Messages From Facebook Messenger.
Download Facebook Data On iPhone
Recover Deleted Messages From Facebook Messenger On iPhone.
- From the Facebook Web page on your web browser.
- Tap on the Account option on the top right side. The icon of this option is a facing-down arrow.
- From the drop-down menu click on Settings & privacy.
- Now click on Privacy Shortcuts.
- Scroll down and click on Access your Information from the Your Facebook Information section.
- Scroll down and click on the Download your information option.
- In the Data Range field, select the time period for the data to be gathered.
- Deselect all options and select Messages.
- Scroll down and click on the Request A Download option.
Once the file is ready you will be notified, then you can click on the download button to download the file on your Windows or Mac PC.
This article was regarding the method to Recover Deleted Messages From Facebook Messenger On iPhone. If you have any questions regarding this topic or relating to iOS or iPad OS, then ask in the comment section below. Thank You and keep supporting ItsDailyTech.