Rainbow Six Siege is a popular tactical first-person shooter video game developed by Ubisoft. It was first released in 2015 and has since become a major esports title. The game focuses on two teams of operators, attackers, and defenders, who must work together to achieve their objectives.
The game is known for its destructible environments and emphasis on strategy and teamwork. Each operator has unique gadgets, weapons, and abilities that can be used to gain an advantage in combat. There are a variety of game modes available, including hostage rescue, bomb defusal, and area control.
Rainbow Six Siege has a large and dedicated player base, with regular updates and new content being added to the game. The game is available on multiple platforms, including PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Google Stadia.
Visit: Free Steam Accounts with Games
In the following section, you can find some methods to fix Rainbow Six Siege Crashing at Startup on a computer.
How Do I Fix Rainbow Six Siege Crashing at Startup Issue?
Here are some troubleshooting workarounds that can be implied to fix the Rainbow Six Siege crashing at startup or not launching issue. I have listed various methods, by considering all the scenarios that can trigger this error.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Always ensure that your system has enough juice to run Rainbow Six Siege.
Operating System: Windows 10/11 (x64)
Processor: Intel i3 / AMD Ryzen equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or equivalent AMD
DirectX: Version 11 or higher
Launch Rainbow Six Siege as Administrator
First of all, you should try launching Rainbow Six Siege with administrative rights. This would allow you to run the game without facing any blockades from antivirus software.
1. Right-click on the shortcut icon of Rainbow Six Siege and select Properties.
2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the Run this program as administrator box.
4. Click on the Ok button.
Update GPU Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build.
1. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
2. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
3. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
4. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
5. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
6. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Some Visual C++ Runtime files can get corrupted, so you should reinstall the C++ on your Windows PC.
1. Press the Win + I keys to launch Settings
2. Go to the Apps & Features tab.
3. Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files.
4. Go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
5. Now, install the downloaded files and reboot your system, after the successful installation.
Verify Rainbow Six Siege Files
Players can also repair/verify Rainbow Six Siege files directly from the Steam client. This would allow them to fix any corruptions from the game file directory, that are causing the crashing trouble.
1. Navigate to the Library section on Steam.
2. Right-click on Rainbow Six Siege and select Properties.
3. Go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
4. Relaunch Steam, once the verification is completed.
Force Start Rainbow Six Siege with DirectX 11
Players can also launch Rainbow Six Siege through DirectX 11 or above, directly from the Steam client.
1. Launch Steam and go to Library.
2. Now, right-click on Rainbow Six Siege and choose Properties.
3. Navigate to the General tab.
4. Under Launch Options, type -dx11 and save changes.
5. Launch Rainbow Six Siege on Steam.
Reinstall Rainbow Six Siege
As a last resort, you should reinstall Rainbow Six Siege on your computer.
If you are playing it on Steam then here’s what you need to do:
1. Uninstall Rainbow Six Siege from the Library section.
2. Close Steam and clear the cache memory of your system.
3. Launch Steam and reinstall Rainbow Six Siege.
That’s all, thanks for visiting it’sDailyTech.