Josh Wardle developed Wordle out of love for his partner – Palak Shah. It’s an ads-free web-based word puzzle game that’s only meant to help you kill free time and keep your mind active.
The Wordle game doesn’t officially allow you to play past puzzles, but you have the option of performing some workarounds to Play Past Wordle Games, which I have discussed in the following section.
How Do I Play Past Wordle Games?
To put it straight, there are three possible ways to play past wordle games on your device. Such tricks can be implied in any system. And, I will share the proper way to complete such a task on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. So without any further ado, let’s get to the point of attention.
Play Past Wordle Games via Older Archives
Some developers have created Wordle archives for players who are interested in playing old Wordle games (from 1 to 216 levels). Users can use such archives to play their desired Wordle level, as they please.
Here’s a Tweet from Devang Thakkar that you can use to launch the Wordle archive.
Here it is, the Wordle Archive – Remembrance of Wordles Past. This is the culmination of a very busy weekend built on a lot of work by other awesome people (@powerlanguish, @katherinecodes, https://t.co/Z784lbbUqK) . A 🧵on why and how I did it (1/n)https://t.co/2gjoPnPAOR
— Devang Thakkar (@devangvang) January 10, 2022
After launching the Wordle Archive from this tweet, here’s what you need to do:
Read the provided instructions on the archive page and click on the “X” button to close it. Now, use the archive buttons to select your preffered Wordle level and start playing like a pro word vocabulist.
If you want an alternative to this archive, click here to visit a different archive that’s also created for Wordle fans.
Play Past Wordle Games via Internet Archive
Internet Archive contains the history of all the websites present on the internet. So players can use this facility to play their favorite Wordle past games, let’s see how it works.
- Visit the Internet Archive portal on your web portal.
- Under the Wayback Machine search bar, type https://powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/ and press Enter.
- Select an archive from the presented Calender.
- After selecting an archive, use it your launch your old Wordle game.
Play Old Wordle Games via Date & Time Modification
The process of changing date & time settings is different on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. So I will deliver separate methods to help you play old Wordle Games.
Note: Do select the nearest date possible, because your device’s browser might not support some old dates.
- Right-click on the Date & Time bar from the system tray and select “Adjust Date/Time”
- Disable the “Set Time Automatically” toggle and click on the “Change” button.
- Choose your preffered date and time and click on the Change button.
- Now, launch Wordle on Chrome or any other web browser.
- From the Apple menu, go to System Preferences → Date & Time
- Now, click on the Clock icon
- On the next interface, disable the “Set Date and Time Automatically” option.
- Select desired date & time and go enjoy the selected Wordle level.
- Launch the Settings app and tap on “Additional Settings”
- Hit Date & Time and disable the “Use network-provided Time” toggle.
- Change the date and time settings as you please.
- Launch Settings and go to General → Date & Time
- Turn off the “Set Automatically” option.
- Now, add time & date manually, as you prefer.
How Much Does a Wordle Game Take to Reset?
Players are allowed to enjoy the same Wordle Game for a whole day. Because the game changes or resets after every 24 hours. However, you are rushed into guessing your Wordle words, because you have the whole day to complete your Wordle puzzles. And if your 6 tries are completed, you can simply launch Wordle on a different web browser or a different device, and now start fresh with experience.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading the 3 ways to Play Past Wordle Games at it’sDailyTech.