A complete turorial to Play famous Electronic Arts Game Mirror’s Edge on Linux through this tutorial. If you ever have an interest in playing digital games, you must be familiar with Electronic Arts. They are one of the biggest games manufacturers in the world. You may know them through the FIFA games series. They are involved in giving many iconic games to the gamers community. One of such games is the Mirror’s Edge.
Mirror’s Edge is an action-adventure platform game developed by DICE and published by Electronic Arts. Mirror’s Edge supports PC, Xbox 360, and PS3. A joint venture between Electronic Arts and Dice developed by DICE and published by Electronic Arts. It also includes some city simulation, the set of the game is in a futuristic city and follows Faith Connors, an underground parkour courier.
How to Download Mirror’s Edge on Linux
Here is the way to install and play Mirror’s Edge on Linux. Thanks to Valve’s Steam Play and Proton, we can also play this Action/Adventure packed game on Linux operating systems. You’ll have to install the Steam Linux app on your computer.
Installing Steam on Linux Flavours
Installing Steam on Linux is a bit difficult because of the command-based operation of OS. But through the guide and instructions written below, it will be a piece of cake for you. follow the installation instructions below that correspond with the Linux OS flavor you currently use.
Use the following Apt install command down below to get Steam working on Ubuntu.
sudo apt install steam
To install Steam on Debian, you’ll need to download the DEB package to your computer. Use the following wget download command down below. This command will result in the placement of the DEB package on your Linux Home folder.
After downloading the Steam DEB package on your Linux Computer, you’ll need to install the software. Here is the pkg installation command.
sudo dpkg -i steam.deb
Finally, correct any dependency issues on your Linux PC that may have occurred during the installation with the apt-get install -f command.
sudo apt-get install -f
Steam on ArchLinux
You’ll have to have the “multilib” software repository set up on the system to install Steam on Arch Linux.
- Open up the /etc/pacman.conf file in your favorite text editor.
- Once the file is open in your favorite text editor.
- Find the “multilib” line, and delete the # symbol from in front of it. Users also need to delete this symbol from the lines directly below it.
- Now Re-sync Arch Linux with the official software repos using the command below.
sudo pacman -Syy
- Here is the command to install Steam on your Arch Linux system.
sudo pacman -S steam
Steam of Flatpak
When the Flatpak runtime is configured, you’ll be able to install Steam. Using the two commands below, get the app set up on your system.
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
flatpak install flathub com.valvesoftware.Steam
[Installation Procedure] Mirror’s Edge on Linux.
Now that Steam is already installed on your Linux OS flavor, half of your work is already done. Now installing Mirror’s Edge on Linux is easy. Follow the steps written below to accomplish a task.
Step 1: Make Steam Ready
1. Open up the “Steam” menu, click on the “Settings” button to access the Steam settings.
2. Find the “Steam Play” button to open up Steam Play. “Enable Steam Play for supported titles” box and the “Enable Steam Play for all other titles” box, located inside the Steam Play area of the Steam settings.
3. Select the “OK” button to confirm your settings.
Step 2: Visit Game Profile on Steam
1. Go to the Steam store by clicking on the Store button. Find the search box on Steam and click on it with the mouse to search.
2. Inside of the search box, type in “Mirror’s Edge.” Press the Enter key. Click on “Mirror’s Edge.”
3. Select “Mirror’s Edge” to go to the game’s store page.
Step 3: Add to Cart [Purchase Process]
1. Select the green “Add to Cart” with the mouse to add the game to your Steam cart. Click on the Steam cart icon in the top-right hand corner.
2. Kindly complete the process of purchasing the game through Steam. Select the “Library” button.
Step 4: Installing Mirror’s Edge on Linux
1. Find the search box inside of your Steam library. Type in “Mirror’s Edge.”
2. Select the game to access its Steam library page. Look for the blue “INSTALL” button, click on it to begin the installation.
3. This game is nearly 3.73 GBs in size so, it will take some time to install.
Step 5: Ready to Play
Now you are ready to play Mirror’s Edge on Linux. Search the game inside the Steam Library and click on the play button. Now you can play this game on Linux as you play it on another Operating system.
Other games which you can play on Linux.