- Notes is a notetaking app officially developed by Apple for iOS, iPadOS, and macOS.
- Seems like it’s working perfectly on macOS, but not very effectively on iOS or iPadOS.
- Here I will provide solutions to fix Notes App Crashing on iOS 15.
Apple seems to be focused on delivering new products in the market, but what about the ones that already exist? They should also put attention to their current products, like the built-in apps on iPhone and iPad.
There have been many complaints about the Notes App Keeps Crashing issue. So if you are a victim of this problem, don’t hesitate to consult with the following section, as it contains various solutions for this error.
How Do I Fix Notes App Crashing on iOS 15?
Individuals are required to consider three main scenarios, before implying any fixes to this Notes app issue. They should consider an outdated OS and app. Further, consider the possibility that some corruption in the system OS is causing this error. So by considering such case scenarios, I deliver some workarounds to bypass this problem.
Update iOS Version
An outdated iOS version can lead to numerous errors. So for your sake, always keep the smartphone’s OS updated to the latest build, it would allow you to fix various issues that you are currently encountering on your iPhone or iPad.
- From the home interface, tap on the Settings icon.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Go to Software Update
- Keep the Automatic Updates enabled and in case of a pending update file, tap on the Download & Install button.
Update Notes App
The older version of the Notes app gets the job done, but it also responds laggy in some instances. So for your best interest, you should try to update it manually by performing the following steps:
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone/iPad
- Use the search bar to launch the Notes app
- If you are getting an Update button beside the app’s name, tap on it and allow your device to complete this action without any interruption.
Turn Off Notes from iCloud
By default, the Notes app is synchronized with the iCloud, so that all of the user’s data is stored in the cloud storage that can be accessed from other devices with the same iCloud account. But turning this facility off can help you bypass the Notes App Crashing issue on your iPhone.
- From the Settings app, tap once on your Profile details.
- Go to the iCloud section.
- Locate the Notes app from the given list.
- Disable Notes toggle off.
- Choose the “Delete from iPhone” option.
- Now, check if that helps in resolving the issue.
Customize App Restrictions
Some users have mistakenly restricted the Notes app from their iPhone Settings. Such users need to check if that is not the case, and if it is, turn off the app restrictions to keep benefiting from Apple’s built-in notetaking app.
- Launch Settings on your iPhone/iPad
- Navigate to Screen Time → Content and Privacy Restriction
- Turn Off the Content and Privacy Restriction toggle.
Remove Unwanted Apps
Many third-party applications can be problematic while they are running in the background, so users should keep the background processes as clean as possible.
To do so, launch the background apps switcher (swipe up and hold to open it) and remove all the background running apps. Now, launch Notes and check if that helps in fixing this problem.
As a last resort, you can try to reset your iPhone to default settings. This action will only restore the default settings, so it’s harmless, and you don’t need to create a backup, before executing it.
- Launch Settings and tap on General
- Navigate to “Transfer or Reset iPhone”
- Now, tap on the “Reset” button and confirm your action.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to fix Notes App Crashing on iOS 15, at it’sDailyTech.