- Lost Ark is a three-dimensional MMO game offered by Smilegate Entertainment, Inc.
- The game’s available for Windows PC and players can play it on Steam.
- Here, I will provide fixes for the Lost Ark Connection Timeout error, so players can bypass the Can’t Connect to Server issue.
Many players are facing trouble while launching Lost Ark on their computers. It’s mainly because of the Connection Timeout issue, where they are unable to connect with the game’s servers.
If you have encountered this frustrating issue, you should consult with the following section, as I have written various solutions to help you bypass this server-side error.
How Do I Fix Lost Ark Connection Timeout?
Individuals need to consider three possible scenarios of the Lost Ark Connection Timeout issue. It can be triggered due to a faulty network connection or because of outdated system files. In addition, players should also repair the game files corruptions to get rid of this error.
Check Server Status
If you are facing a Can’t Connect to Server issue on Lost Ark, the first thing you need to do is to check the game’s server status. Because if the game’s servers aren’t responding well from the backend, you will not be allowed to connect with them at any cost.
So consult with platforms like DownDetector to check the current status of Lost Ark’s servers. In case the servers are responding correctly and you are still unable to connect with them, try out the other workarounds to bypass this problem.
Update Windows OS
I would recommend you update Windows OS, before launching the Steam client and Lost Ark on it. Because such system updates fix any outdated drivers and files that are required to launch smooth gameplay.
- Press Win + I keys to launch system settings
- Navigate to Update & Security
- Click on Check for Updates
- After updating your system, restart your Windows PC.
Troubleshoot your Network
Always ensure that your computer is connected with a fully working internet connection. If are unsure of the nature of the connected network, you can consult with websites like speedtest.net to complete such a task.
And if you are notified about a slow internet connection, try performing a power cycle of your router. To do so, turn off your router and remove all cables from it. Now, after waiting for 30 seconds, attach all the cables with your router and turn it back on.
Run Lost Ark with Admin Rights
Some high-end games like Lost Ark require administrative privileges to launch. So always ensure that you have enabled the admin rights for the game, so it can consume the right amount of resources to connect with the game’s servers.
- Right-click on the Day Light 2 shortcut file and select Properties
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Click on Apply >> Ok buttons.
Exit Background Processes
Some background processes can be problematic and intercept with the Lost Ark’s resources. So you should ensure that no unnecessary programs or applications are running in the background while you are trying to launch the game.
- Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Select a process and click on End Task
- Do the same for all the unwanted processes individually.
Reinstall Lost Ark
As a last resort, if you are still unable to launch Lost Ark, you should try to reinstall it by following the proper channel. You should open Windows Settings and navigate to the Apps section.
From there, select Lost Ark and click on the Uninstall button. Once the game is uninstalled, reboot your Windows PC and install the latest version of the game.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to fix Lost Ark Connection Timeout, at it’sDailyTech.