- Limbus Company is a role-playing game published by Project Moon.
- It’s a sequel to Library to Ruina that’s available for Windows PC.
- I’ll discuss some methods to fix Limbus Company Crashing at Startup.
Sometimes it can be pretty hard to launch Limbus Company on a computer. The game may be not loading due to faulty graphics drivers or game files.
So by considering some scenarios related to this issue, I’ve drafted the following section to help gamers launch Limbus Company smoothly.
How Do I Fix Limbus Company Crashing at Startup Issue?
Here are some troubleshooting workarounds that can be implied to fix the Limbus Company crashing at startup or not launching issue. I have listed various methods, by considering all the scenarios that can trigger this error.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Always ensure that your system has enough juice to run Limbus Company.
Operating System: Windows 10/11 (x64)
Processor: Intel i5 / AMD Ryzen equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 or equivalent AMD
DirectX: Version 10 or higher
Launch Limbus Company as Administrator
First of all, you should try launching Limbus Company with administrative rights. This would allow you to run the game without facing any blockades from antivirus software.
1. Right-click on the shortcut icon of Limbus Company and select Properties.
2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the Run this program as administrator box.
4. Click on the Ok button.
Update GPU Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build.
1. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
2. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
3. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
4. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
5. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
6. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Some Visual C++ Runtime files can get corrupted, so you should reinstall the C++ on your Windows PC.
1. Press the Win + I keys to launch Settings
2. Go to the Apps & Features tab.
3. Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files.
4. Go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
5. Now, install the downloaded files and reboot your system, after the successful installation.
Verify Limbus Company Files
Players can also repair/verify Limbus Company files directly from the Steam client. This would allow them to fix any corruptions from the game file directory, that are causing the crashing trouble.
1. Navigate to the Library section on Steam.
2. Right-click on Limbus Company and select Properties.
3. Go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
4. Relaunch Steam, once the verification is completed.
Force Start Limbus Company with DirectX 11
Players can also launch Limbus Company through DirectX 11 or above, directly from the Steam client.
1. Launch Steam and go to Library.
2. Now, right-click on Limbus Company and choose Properties.
3. Navigate to the General tab.
4. Under Launch Options, type -dx11 and save changes.
5. Launch Limbus Company on Steam.
Reinstall Limbus Company
As a last resort, you should reinstall Limbus Company on your computer.
If you are playing it on Steam then here’s what you need to do:
1. Uninstall Limbus Company from the Library section.
2. Close Steam and clear the cache memory of your system.
3. Launch Steam and reinstall Limbus Company.
That’s all, thanks for visiting itsDailyTech.