- Insurgency: Sandstorm is a multiplayer FPS game published by Focus Entertainment.
- The game’s available for PlayStation, Xbox, Linux, and Microsoft Windows.
- I will discuss methods to fix Insurgency Sandstorm Crashing on Startup issue.
Players having the game not launching issues, should consider the possibility that their system might be the main reason behind it. As it might sound odd, but it’s true that your system might be blocking your game from launching.
It isn’t because there’s something wrong with your system, but it’s not acting compatible with Insurgency. In that case scenario, you should perform some methods like updating graphics drivers, launching the game with admin rights, or installing Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
How Do I Fix Insurgency Sandstorm Crashing on Startup?
Here are some troubleshooting workarounds that can be implied to fix the Insurgency Sandstorm crashing at startup or not launching issue. I have listed various methods, by considering all the scenarios that can trigger this error.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Always ensure that your system has enough juice to run Insurgency Sandstorm.
Operating System: Windows 7/8/10 (x64)
Processor: Intel i5 / AMD Ryzen equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or equivalent AMD
DirectX: Version 11 or higher
Launch Insurgency Sandstorm as Administrator
First of all, you should try launching Insurgency Sandstorm with administrative rights. This would allow you to run the game without facing any blockades from antivirus software.
1. Right-click on the shortcut icon of Insurgency Sandstorm and select Properties.
2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the Run this program as administrator box.
4. Click on the Ok button.
Update GPU Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build.
1. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
2. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
3. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
4. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
5. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
6. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Some Visual C++ Runtime files can get corrupted, so you should reinstall the C++ on your Windows PC.
1. Press the Win + I keys to launch Settings
2. Go to the Apps & Features tab.
3. Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files.
4. Go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
5. Now, install the downloaded files and reboot your system, after the successful installation.
Verify Insurgency Sandstorm Files
Players can also repair/verify Insurgency Sandstorm files directly from the Steam client. This would allow them to fix any corruptions from the game file directory, that is causing the crashing trouble.
1. Navigate to the Library section on Steam.
2. Right-click on Insurgency Sandstorm and select Properties.
3. Go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
4. Relaunch Steam, once the verification is completed.
Force Start Insurgency Sandstorm with DirectX 11
Players can also launch Insurgency Sandstorm through DirectX 11 or above, directly from the Steam client.
1. Launch Steam and go to Library.
2. Now, right-click on Insurgency Sandstorm and choose Properties.
3. Navigate to the General tab.
4. Under Launch Options, type -dx11 and save changes.
5. Launch Insurgency Sandstorm on Steam.
Reinstall Insurgency Sandstorm
As a last resort, you should reinstall Insurgency Sandstorm on your computer.
If you are playing it on Steam then here’s what you need to do:
1. Uninstall Insurgency Sandstorm from the Library section.
2. Close Steam and clear the cache memory of your system.
3. Launch Steam and reinstall Insurgency Sandstorm.
That’s all, thanks for visiting it’sDailyTech.