Dear learners, today’s guide represents solutions to a query “How to Insert a Text Box in Google Docs”. I will teach you four different ways, so you can select a preferred method for creating reports and assignments. So you have the option of choosing a method that you find easy to imply.
Google Docs is now preferred by most of the students and data analysts, because of its less complicated UI. Thanks to the tech giant for keeping such a beneficial word processor app available for free, so every user can take advantage without having to empty his pockets for buying expensive products, just for learning purposes.
In the following section, readers can recognize the multiple ways that help them insert Text Box in Google Docs. I will describe the following procedures by using various tools that are available in Google Docs. So without wasting any time, let’s get take you to the point of attention.
How to Insert a Text Box in Google Docs via Drawing Tool
The easiest way to insert a text box into your Google Docs is by using the drawing tool. You can use this drawing tool to add your desired shapes, images, lines, and arrows to your document. To learn how it can be used to add a text box, assist with the following steps:
- From the menu bar, Click on Insert >> Drawing >> New
- On the Drawing popup, select the text box icon.
- Now, start adding your desired text into the box and click on the Save & Close button to add the box to your document.
How to Insert a Text Box in Google Docs via Shapes
The usage of Shapes allows users to create a text box of their choice. They can start writing within an Oval shape or a circle. A huge number of shapes are available, that can be used to add text in various styles within Google Docs. So let’s how to use shapes to add text to your document.
- After launching the Drawing sheet, click on the Shapes icon and select a drawing shape of your choice.
- Now, draw the selected shape inside the available space with the help of your mouse.
- Once the shape is created, double-click on it and start typing to add text to it.
How to Insert a Text Box in Google Docs via Single-Cell Table
Here’s a trick about which not everyone’s aware. Without the help of the drawing tool, you can add text to Google Docs. For that, you have the option of creating a single-cell table. This trick’s simple, let’s see how it works.
- From the menu bar, click on Insert >> Table
- Select the 1×1 option from the available table grid.
- Now start typing inside the added one-cell table.
How to Insert Images to Text Box in Google Docs
A huge number of users wish to learn a way to add a text box that could also contain an image file. So now, I will be teaching a way to add a text box with images in Google Docs.
- Select your text box and click on the Edit button.
- On the drawing tool’s window, click on the Image button.
- Upload your desired image file.
- On the same Drawing window, add a text box containing preferred text.
- After adding the text, highlight it and make appearance customizations as expected, and click on the Save & Close button.
- Now your text box, containing the image and entered text will be shown inside your document.
- You can save the document directly to Google Drive or your device’s local storage.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading How to Insert a Text Box in Google Docs at it’sDailyTech.