- I will discuss methods to fix NBA 2K23 FPS Drops. NBA 2K23 is a tactical shooter video game published by Ubisoft.
- The game’s available for Windows PC, PlayStation, and Xbox game consoles.
After continuing the NBA Game series, Visual Concepts decided to produce NBA 2K23. Now the game has a lot more to offer, the addition of characters and their unique tactics are added to keep players indulged. Another good fact is the maps which allow one to apply fascinating tactics to defeat enemies.
However, the game’s no good if you keep facing NBA 2K23 fps drops. Because then, your game would start lagging and maybe crash during gameplay. That’s why I have come up with some solutions to help players improve their performance in NBA 2K23.
How Do I Fix NBA 2K23 FPS Drops?
Here are some solutions that would help you in fixing the NBA 2K23 FPS drops. You are mainly required to perform some customizations with the system OS. Because this isn’t a game bug, but only your game is getting less amount of the resources that are required for a smooth launch and gameplay.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Dedicate NBA 2K23 Manually
If any of the NBA 2K23 players face difficulty in using GPU, they should select it manually from their respective GPU managers.
I have talked about NVIDIA and AMD users individually, in the following section:
1. Launch NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. Navigate to 3D Settings >> Manage 3D Settings
3. Go to Program Settings and add NBA 2K23
4. Choose a High-performance NVIDIA processor
5. After saving the changes, restart your PC.
1. Launch AMD Radeon Settings
2. Navigate to System and select Switchable Graphics
3. Restart your system.
Update Graphics Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
1. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
2. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
3. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
4. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
5. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Exit Unwanted Background Tasks
Some background running apps can intercept your NBA 2K23 gameplay. It would be better to only run the game and remove all the background apps/processes.
1. Launch Task Manager from the context menu bar (press Win + X keys to launch the context menu)
2. Go to the processes tab.
3. Choose the unwanted apps and click on the End Task button.
Customize In-Game Settings
In-game optimization can also be helpful in fixing the issues related to GPU.
Here’s what you need to do to make NBA 2K23 run smoothly on your computer.
1. From the NBA 2K23 lobby, click on the Settings icon.
2. Turn off VSync
3. Shift advanced settings to low or medium.
Repair NBA 2K23 Files
If you are still unable to launch NBA 2K23, you should consider repairing its files from the game launcher. This would help you in fixing any corruptions and faults from the game’s files, that are caused by the faulty third-party apps.
1. Launch Steam and navigate to the Library section
2. Right-click on NBA 2K23 and select Properties
3. Go to the Local Files tab
4. Click on Verify the integrity of game files.
5. Relaunch Steam and NBA 2K23 on it.
Reinstall NBA 2K23
You should also try reinstalling NBA 2K23, as it will help you in removing all the clutters from the game’s directory.
1. So while using Steam, right-click on NBA 2K23 and select Manage
2. Now, click on the Uninstall option.
3. Once the game is removed from the library, reinstall it.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to fix NBA 2K23 FPS Drops, at it’sDailytech.