- Adobe Reader is used to create and view PDF files.
- It is available for all the major platforms, including Chrome OS.
- I will discuss the procedure to Download Adobe Reader on Chromebook.
To tell you the truth, Adobe Reader is just a small tool developed by Adobe. It is just a simple application, which is used for creating and viewing PDF files on a device of your choice. You can even create a file on one device and share it with the other user, so he can view it on his computer or smartphone.
The installation method of Adobe Reader is quite simple on every device. Yes, even if you are using a Chromebook, you can benefit from its services, after performing an easy installation method. You don’t have to download or install any custom files, but just get this PDF reader from the official sources.
How Do I Download Adobe Reader on Chromebook?
There are three different ways to get Adobe Reader to work on a Chromebook. You can either use the web version, download the app from Google Play, or start using the browser extension. And if you want to dive into the details of these procedures, keep reading…
Total Time: 3 minutes
Adobe Reader Web Version
1. Open the Chrome browser on your Chromebook.
2. Visit the official Adobe Reader website.
3. Complete the Sign-in procedure.
4. Scroll down and click on the Upload a File button.
5. You can also avail the following features from the Adobe Reader homepage:
i. Convert to PDF
ii. Compress PDF
iii. Edit Text & images
iv. PDF to JPG
v. Export a PDF
Adobe Reader on Google Play
Users who are using Chrome OS 53 or higher can enable Google Play on their Chromebook. And if you haven’t yet enabled the Play Store, perform the following steps:
a. Head to Account Settings.
b. Click on Enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook.
c. Hit the Get Started option.
d. Agree to the terms and conditions – and proceed.
Once Google Play is enabled on Chromebook, you can then use it to install Adobe Reader:
1. Open the Google Play Store.
2. Use the Search Bar to locate the Adode Reader page.
3. Click on the Install button and wait.
4. After completing the installation, click on the Open button to launch Adobe Reader on Chromebook.
Adobe Reader on Chrome
1. Launch the Chrome browser.
2. Visit the Chrome Store to get the Adobe Reader extension.
3. Click on the Add to Chrome button.
4. From the appearing pop-up, click on Add Extension.
5. Start using its services from the Extensions Manager on Chrome.
Adobe Reader Alternatives
In case you are unable to avail of any options to use Adobe Reader on Chromebook, you can check out the following alternatives:
With the aforementioned PDF readers, you can create and access all your PDF files on Chromebook. And most of these applications are free to use, so you will not be asked to purchase any license keys. However, in my opinion, none of them are good enough to compete with Adobe Reader.
FAQs: Adobe Reader on Chrome OS
What is The Best PDF Reader for Chromebook?
There are plenty of good PDF Readers for Chromebook. But Adobe Reader is the best option for you. Because of its clean interface and straightforward mechanism, you can easily create and view all your PDF files, from one application.
How to Use Adobe Reader Online?
You are allowed to use the Adobe Reader official website on a browser of your choice. The online service can be triggered on any device, you just have to sign into the platform, to benefit from all of its services. Further, you also have the option to sign-in using your Google account or Apple id.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading How to Download Adobe Reader for Chromebook, at it’sDailyTech.