- WhatsApp VoIP calling feature is added for convenience in communication.
- But some users don’t want to be disturbed by such a feature.
- So here, I will discuss how to Disable WhatsApp Calling on Android & iOS devices.
The free VoIP calling wasn’t available from the start within WhatsApp. This feature was added to WhatsApp, to gain more trust from users, who want to make long-term calls, that don’t cost them a fortune. But there’s one thing wrong with this service, it gets a little annoying at times, especially during working hours.
Read: How To Send WhatsApp Messages Without Saving Contact On iPhone
As during working hours, bieng productive is everyone’s huge concern, some of the users prefer to keep WhatsApp Calling Disabled. Well, the developers haven’t added an option to turn off this facility. But there are some workarounds that can be implied if you want to block voice calls, but keep messaging on WhatsApp.
How Do I Disable WhatsApp Calling?
Android and iOS (iPhone & iPad) users are required to perform separate solutions to disable calls on WhatsApp. Because this feature is enabled by default, so I’m going to help you get to know about some tips/tricks, to get this job done.
Total Time: 4 minutes
Change WhatsApp Permissions (iOS)
iPhone or iPad users can’t directly disable WhatsApp calling from the app, they are required to consult with their device’s settings, to complete this task. And, change the default app permissions, if they want to be bothered by the VoIP calls, coming from WhatsApp contacts.
1. Launch the iOS Settings.
2. Swipe down and navigate to the WhatsApp section.
3. Disable the Camera and Microphone toggles.
Note: The same method can be implied on an Android device. You just have to navigate to Settings >> Apps >> WhatsApp, and then – turn off the camera and microphone toggle.
Mute Calls (Android & iOS)
If you prefer to do this job officially from WhatsApp, you only have one choice of muting calls. Only then, you will not be disturbed by the free VoIP calls. You just have to customize the call settings, to help you never get annoyed anymore from the unnesscary calls.
1. From the main interface of WhatsApp, tap on the three-dotted icon and select Settings.
2. Go to Notifications.
3. Under Calls, select none value for Ringtone and Vibrate.
Install Older Version WhatsApp
Another way of disabling calls on WhatsApp is by installing the older version. Because you know that VoIP calling wasn’t available from the beginning, so you need to install a version that doesn’t support WhatsApp calling.
The proper way of doing that is by first creating a backup of your current chats from in-app settings >> Chats >> Chat Backup and tapping on the Backup button.
Once the backup is created, uninstall the currently using WhatsApp version. Now visit websites like APKPure or APKMirror to install the older version of WhatsApp.
Get Third-Party Apps (Android)
There are actually some third-party apps that would allow you to disable calls on WhatsApp, without having to customize any device settings. For that, you will have to use GBWhatsApp, which would allow you to make certain customizations with your WhatsApp account, as you please.
1. Create a backup of your WhatsApp chats.
2. Uninstall WhatsApp.
3. Download & install GBWhatsApp APK.
4. Launch the app and restore your account data.
5. From GBWhatsApp’s interface, tap on the three-dotted icon and select GB Settings.
6. Navigate to the Other section.
7. Tap on the Disable Voice Calls option.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to fix Disable WhatsApp Calling, at it’sDailyTech.