There are many ways to boost the performance of Windows 11, and clearing cache memory is one of them.
Today, I have decided to help my readers understand How to Clear Cache in Windows 11. So they can keep enjoying a feature-rich operating system, without any system glitches.
It’s not rocket science to enhance the performance level of Windows OS. Microsoft has provided some workarounds to help consumers, keep their system clean of junk files.
If you are unaware of the procedures required to clear cache memory on your PC, consult with the following section.
How Do I Clear Cache in Windows 11?
I’m going to share a list of ways that can be implied on Windows 11 PC to clear the system cache.
The involvement of third-party programs is only required in the last method.
Else, I’ll help you clear cache memory, by consulting with the built-in utilities of Windows 11.
So let’s start with the simplest way possible…
Clear Cache via Settings
Similar to Android OS, Microsoft has added a Storage section to help individuals manipulate the disk space.
Such a menu can also be used to clear cache, with the help of the following steps:
- Press Win + I keys to launch Settings
- Navigate to System → Storage
- Select Temporary Files from the right pane
- Choose the preffered temporary files that you would like to delete
- Now, click on the Remove Files button.
Clear Cache via Disk Cleanup
If you are looking to remove cache files w.r.t storage drives, usage Disk Cleanup suits you quite well.
This utility would allow you to clear temporary files of the selected drives, without disturbing any other storage partitions.
- Press Win + R keys to launch the Run box
- Type cleanmgr inside the box and press Enter
- Select a drive from which you want to remove temporary files.
- Click on Clean up system files
- Now, choose the preffered temporary files that you would like to delete and click on the Ok button.
Flush DNS Cache
In case you are worried about the network or connectivity issues in Windows 11, you should consider flushing the DNS Cache.
Here’s what you need to do to Flush DNS Cache in Windows 11:
- Navigate to the Search bar and type cmd in the search field
- Select Run as administrator option from the provided search results
- Execute the following command in cmd:
- ipconfig /flushdns
Clear App Cache
Every application’s data is stored in the cache memory of your Windows PC.
And that data can be corrupted and can interrupt with built-in services of your system.
So you should keep the App Cache cleaned, like always.
- Launch the Run box by pressing Win + R keys
- Type %tmp% inside the box and press Enter
- A Local temporary file directory will open, you need to select all the files and delete them to remove all App Cache.
- Do remember to empty recycle bin, after deleting the cache files from the directory.
Clear Microsoft Cache
Some built-in services like Microsoft Store can also be problematic sometimes.
Especially for users who want to keep using Microsoft Store without any glitches, clearing its cache memory is compulsory.
- Open the Run box by pressing Win + R buttons
- Type wsreset inside the box and click on the Ok button.
- A blank window will appear, indicating that the Microsoft Store’s cache is cleared from the system.
Clear Cache via Storage Sense
In case you are not interested in clearing the cache memory in Window 11 manually and wish to automate the process, Storage Sense is what you require.
This built-in Windows OS facility would allow you to command the system to remove the temporary files, after the selected period.
Here’s what you need to do to enable Storage Sense in Windows 11:
- Launch Windows 11 Settings and go to the Storage section
- Under Storage Management, enable the Storage Sense Toggle
- If you want, open the Storage Sense settings to customize it, as you please.
Use Third-Party Programs
One of the main benefits of using Windows 11 is that you get full freedom on installing a third-party program of your choice.
So in the case of clearing cache in Windows 11, without having to perform any extra hassle, usage of third-party programs is recommended.
Here are the links to the two major lists of programs that can be used to enhance your device’s performance:
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to Clear Cache in Windows 11, at it’sDailyTech.