If you’re a Spotify user, chances are that your username has been stuck with you for years. However, it’s not just any old username: your Spotify username is essentially how people will know who you are on the streaming service.
So if you want to change your username and don’t know where to start (or if it’s even possible), keep reading for our tips and tricks!
Also Visit: How to Merge Spotify Playlists on Mobile & PC
How to Change Your Username On Spotify?
You will first need to sign in to your account.
Once you’re signed in, click on your profile picture in the top right corner and then click ‘settings.’
On this page, under ‘account settings’ you can change your username by clicking on ‘Username.’ Enter a new username and click ‘save!
Username On Spotify
- To change your username on Spotify, go to the account settings page and click “Edit” next to the email or phone number that you want to use for your account.
- Enter a new username and hit “Save.” You will be prompted with an option to create a password for this new account (if you don’t already have one). If you do not want this option presented, select “No.”
- After entering in your new username and confirming it, click “Update.” This will take effect immediately; however, if it doesn’t work right away after clicking Update again then try rebooting your device or closing all open tabs/windows before trying again!
Create New Username
- Create a username that is easy to remember
- Make sure it’s not too long
- Make sure it doesn’t contain any special characters (like # or $) or numbers (#1)
- To avoid being confused with other users, make sure your new username doesn’t include symbols like @, #, & and %
If your username is a personal name or if it’s already taken, it’s time to change. We hope that this guide has helped you understand how Spotify allows users to change their usernames and what steps must be done beforehand.
It is also important to note that these changes may take up some time depending on your current status with Spotify, so don’t be discouraged if you don’t see results immediately.