Direct Messages (DMs) on Twitter are private messages between two users on the platform. They are separate from regular tweets, which are public and can be seen by anyone who follows the user.
To send a Direct Message on Twitter, both users must be following each other, or the recipient must have the option to receive Direct Messages from anyone enabled in their account settings.
Direct Messages can include text, images, videos, and links, and have a character limit of 15,000 characters. They can be accessed by clicking on the “Messages” button on the Twitter website or mobile app.
Why Block Direct Messages On Twitter?
Users might choose to block direct messages on Twitter for several reasons, including:
- Privacy: Direct Messages on Twitter can be used to send spam or unwanted messages. Blocking direct messages helps users protect their privacy and avoid receiving unwanted messages.
- Control: Some users prefer to only receive direct messages from people they know or have a connection with. Blocking direct messages from anyone who is not following them helps them maintain control over the messages they receive.
- Harassment: In some cases, direct messages can be used to harass or bully users on Twitter. Blocking direct messages helps prevent this kind of behavior.
- Spam: Some users receive a high volume of direct messages that are spam or unsolicited. Blocking direct messages can reduce the amount of spam they receive.
It’s important to note that even if direct messages are blocked, users can still receive mentions, which are public messages that are directed at their Twitter handle.
How Do I Block Direct Messages On Twitter?
To block direct messages on Twitter, follow these steps:
- Go to your Twitter account settings by clicking on your profile picture and selecting “Settings and privacy” from the dropdown menu.
- Select “Privacy and safety” from the left-side menu.
- Scroll down to the “Direct Messages” section.
- Toggle the switch next to “Receive Direct Messages from anyone” to the off position.
By disabling the ability to receive Direct Messages from anyone, only users you follow will be able to send you Direct Messages.
You can still choose to receive Direct Messages from specific users, even if the general setting is turned off, by going to their profile and selecting “Allow Direct Messages” from the dropdown menu.
That’s all, thanks for visiting it’sDailyTech.