Hogwarts Legacy is an action role-playing game developed by Avalanche Software and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
The game promises an open-world environment where players can explore Hogwarts and the surrounding area, learn magic, make choices that affect the story, and battle against magical creatures and other enemies.
Visit: How Do I Play Steam Games on Oculus Quest 2
In this article, I’ve discussed some methods to fix the Hogwarts Legacy not launching issue.
How Do I Fix Hogwarts Legacy Crashing on Startup Issue?
Here are some troubleshooting workarounds that can be implied to fix the Hogwarts Legacy crashing at startup or not launching issue. I have listed various methods, by considering all the scenarios that can trigger this error.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Always ensure that your system has enough juice to run Hogwarts Legacy.
Operating System: Windows 10/11 (x64)
Processor: Intel i5 / AMD Ryzen equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (4GB) or equivalent AMD
DirectX: Version 12 or higher
Launch Hogwarts Legacy as Administrator
First of all, you should try launching Hogwarts Legacy with administrative rights. This would allow you to run the game without facing any blockades from antivirus software.
1. Right-click on the shortcut icon of Hogwarts Legacy and select Properties.
2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the Run this program as administrator box.
4. Click on the Ok button.
Update GPU Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build.
1. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
2. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
3. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
4. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
5. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
6. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Some Visual C++ Runtime files can get corrupted, so you should reinstall the C++ on your Windows PC.
1. Press the Win + I keys to launch Settings
2. Go to the Apps & Features tab.
3. Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files.
4. Go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
5. Now, install the downloaded files and reboot your system, after the successful installation.
Verify Hogwarts Legacy Files
Players can also repair/verify Hogwarts Legacy files directly from the Steam client. This would allow them to fix any corruptions from the game file directory, that are causing the crashing trouble.
1. Navigate to the Library section on Steam.
2. Right-click on Hogwarts Legacy and select Properties.
3. Go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
4. Relaunch Steam, once the verification is completed.
Force Start Hogwarts Legacy with DirectX 12
Players can also launch Hogwarts Legacy through DirectX 12 or above, directly from the Steam client.
1. Launch Steam and go to Library.
2. Now, right-click on Hogwarts Legacy and choose Properties.
3. Navigate to the General tab.
4. Under Launch Options, type -dx12 and save changes.
5. Launch Hogwarts Legacy on Steam.
Reinstall Hogwarts Legacy
As a last resort, you should reinstall Hogwarts Legacy on your computer.
If you are playing it on Steam then here’s what you need to do:
1. Uninstall Hogwarts Legacy from the Library section.
2. Close Steam and clear the cache memory of your system.
3. Launch Steam and reinstall Hogwarts Legacy.
That’s all, thanks for visiting it’sDailyTech.