Harvestella is a role-playing game published by Square Enix. The developers’ team has yet only provided the game for Nintendo Switch and Microsoft Windows.
It’s kind of amazing that from this game, players can learn about some facts of life by exploring cities and towns. And learn to overcome the main issues while traveling around the world.
However, it may seem impossible if you are having launching or crashing issues during gameplay. In that case scenario, you should focus on making your computer compatible with the game’s files.
You should first check the game’s requirements and launch the game with administrative rights, so it’s not blocked by your system’s firewall.
How Do I Fix Harvestella Not Launching Issue?
Here are some troubleshooting workarounds that can be implied to fix the Harvestella crashing at startup or not launching issue. I have listed various methods, by considering all the scenarios that can trigger this error.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Always ensure that your system has enough juice to run Harvestella.
Operating System: Windows 10 (x64)
Processor: Intel i3 / AMD Ryzen equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or equivalent AMD
DirectX: Version 11 or higher
Launch Harvestella as Administrator
First of all, you should try launching Harvestella with administrative rights. This would allow you to run the game without facing any blockades from antivirus software.
1. Right-click on the shortcut icon of Harvestella and select Properties.
2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the Run this program as administrator box.
4. Click on the Ok button.
Update GPU Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build.
1. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
2. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
3. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
4. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
5. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
6. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Some Visual C++ Runtime files can get corrupted, so you should reinstall the C++ on your Windows PC.
1. Press the Win + I keys to launch Settings
2. Go to the Apps & Features tab.
3. Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files.
4. Go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
5. Now, install the downloaded files and reboot your system, after the successful installation.
Verify Harvestella Files
Players can also repair/verify Harvestella files directly from the Steam client. This would allow them to fix any corruptions from the game file directory, that is causing the crashing trouble.
1. Navigate to the Library section on Steam.
2. Right-click on Harvestella and select Properties.
3. Go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
4. Relaunch Steam, once the verification is completed.
Force Start Harvestella with DirectX 11
Players can also launch Harvestella through DirectX 11 or above, directly from the Steam client.
1. Launch Steam and go to Library.
2. Now, right-click on Harvestella and choose Properties.
3. Navigate to the General tab.
4. Under Launch Options, type -dx11 and save changes.
5. Launch Harvestella on Steam.
As a last resort, you should reinstall Harvestella on your computer.
If you are playing it on Steam then here’s what you need to do:
1. Uninstall Harvestella from the Library section.
2. Close Steam and clear the cache memory of your system.
3. Launch Steam and reinstall Harvestella.
That’s all, hopefully, now you’ll be able to launch Harvestella on your PC, without any lags.