God of War Ragnarok is an action-adventure video game published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It takes 20 to 25 hours of gameplay to complete the main story of this game.
Well, for now, the game is only available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, which is quite amazing, considering the game’s high-end graphics and resources.
However, there seem to be complaints from console players, as they are unable to launch God of War Ragnarok. This error can be triggered due to a poor internet connection.
But if you have checked your internet connection and it’s working well, you should implement the methods that I’ve written in the following section.
How Do I Fix God of War Ragnarok Not Loading Issue on PS4 and PS5?
By considering the possible scenarios behind this problem, I deliver to you some troubleshooting workarounds, to force God of War Ragnarok to launch smoothly on PS4 and PS5.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Update System OS
On every PlayStation, a Unix-based OS is installed that is quite similar to Mac. So you need to keep the system OS updated, to avoid any glitches at startup or mid-game.
1. Navigate to Console’s Settings.
2. Hit System Software Update
3. Do as you are told, to keep your console’s OS updated to the latest version.
Clear God of War Ragnarok Data
Your game’s data can be corrupted, and that’s why you are facing issues while launching it. And, it would be better to delete the game’s data, to avoid any corruption.
1. Launch Settings and go to the Storage tab.
2. Select Saved Data
3. Choose God of War Ragnarok
4. Hit the Options button from your game controller.
5. Select all the saved game files and choose the Delete option.
6. Restart your console.
Rebuild Console’s Database
One of the many fixes to resolve the God of War Ragnarok Crashing issue is rebuilding the console’s database. You can implement two procedures, whatever works for you to enjoy God of War Ragnarok without any error.
1. First of all, turn off your PlayStation and unplug all cables from it.
2. Now leave it for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Plug it in again and turn it on.
4. Check if that helps you in resolving the issue.
5. If not, imply the second procedure.
1. Long press the power button on PlayStation until you hear 2 beeps.
2. After it boots in safe mode, connect your controller to PlayStation through USB.
3. Press the PS button from your controller.
4. Select the Rebuild Database option.
5. After completing the process, restart your console.
Reinstall God of War Ragnarok
You should also try reinstalling God of War Ragnarok on PS4 / PS5. This action would help you in installing an updated and clean version of the game.
1. Open Settings
2. Select Storage
3. Choose God of War Ragnarok
4. Click on Delete
5. After deleting the game, reinstall it from the official store.
Reset PlayStation 4 / 5
In case you are still facing the same issue, you should reset your PlayStation to default settings.
1. Launch Settings
2. Choose Initialization
3. Select Initialize PS4 or Initialize PS5
4. Choose the Full option.
5. Now, wait until the process is completed.
That’s all, thanks for visiting it’sDailyTech.