A guide to fix We Were Here Forever Crashing on PC. We are here forever is an adventure-filled thriller video game that is developed and published by TMG Studios B.V. Total Mayhem Games has already given us some world-class mobile and PC games before.
It is the latest addition to their famous game series We Were Here Forever. It is released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and Series S, and Microsoft Windows.
When the game is new it is obvious that it will cause some issues and errors. One of the main issue which we usually face in a new game is crashing. Whether it is on phone or on a PC, it is common that the game crashes. Similarly, We Were Here Forever players complain about crashing on PC.
How to Fix We Were Here Forever Crashing on PC
- Ensure that graphics drivers are updated
- Run Steam with administrative rights
- Turn off third-party antivirus
- Launch We Were Here Forever in compatibility mode
- Repair We Were Here Forever Files
- Uninstall and reinstall Steam
Now that you have identified the essence of workarounds to bypass the We Were Here Forever crash, I think it’s time to explain them. So that readers can properly understand how to perform them on their PC.
Mostly the We Were Here Forever crashing, lagging, or freezing issues arise due to problematic or outdated GPU drivers.
So it’s recommended that you keep all of your system drivers (especially graphics drivers) updated to the latest version.
You can visit the following guide to acknowledge the right ways to update drivers on Windows PC.
Run Steam as an Administrator
Sometimes the system doesn’t provide the right amount of resources required to launch Steam smoothly.
In the case scenario, players should run the Steam client with administrative authority.
- Right-click on the Steam’s shortcut icon from your desktop and select Properties
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab
- Check the Run as administrator checkbox
- Click on Apply >> Ok buttons.
Disable Third-Party Antivirus
In case you are currently using a third-party antivirus to protect your PC, you should disable it temporarily.
Some antivirus intends to compromise the services of third-party programs and launchers.
So for your sake, disable the antivirus, and then, try launching We Were Here Forever on your PC.
Play We Were Here Forever in Compatibility Mode
A few system files are not compatible enough to run We Were Here Forever.
Players can try launching the game in compatibility mode, to make it compatible with the latest OS.
- Right-click on the shortcut icon of We Were Here Forever
- Select Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab
- Select the Run this program in compatibility mode box.
- Choose the OS version from the given drop-down menu.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Now, launch We Were Here Forever on Steam.
Verify We Were Here Forever
Maybe the game’s files are corrupted and require a fix.
You can repair/verify the We Were Here Forever files directly from the Steam client.
- Launch Steam and navigate to the Library section.
- Right-click on We Were Here Forever and select Properties
- Go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify the integrity of game files
- For best results, relaunch Steam and We Were Here Forever on it.
The We Were Here Forever crashing or freezing issues can be due to corrupted Steam files.
So what you can do is reinstall the Steam client on your system.
First of all, uninstall Steam and reboot your PC.
Afterward, Reinstall Steam on your PC.
Now, download the latest version of Steam and install it. That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to fix We Were Here Forever on PC, at it’sDailyTech.