Valorant users are complaining about the game crashing on PC. Well, this is already in our knowledge. But, our conclusion is the issue is not with the game. The issue with your device or with your computer operating system. Maybe you are running Beta OS or Test mode or an Unstable version of Windows. Maybe the update is stuck on your computer and you don’t know about it.
Let’s find out what solutions you can apply in order to fix Valorant Crashing on PC. These are not just solutions but also the checkpoints which you need to follow sequentially. Don’t need to follow the potential solution if you can solve the issue just by clearing the cache.
Let’s begin with the basic solution to fix Valorant on PC.
Dont miss our recent tutorial where we guided users on how to fix Valorant Invalid access to memory.
Repair Game Files
In case of game files corruptions, users should verify the integrity of game files. So they fix any Valorant Crashing on PC issue.
- Go to the Library section on Steam.
- Right-click on Valorant and select Properties.
- Go to Local Files and click on “Verify Integrity of game files”
- Afterward, relaunch Valorant.
Turn Off Steam Overlay
Steam Overlay can spend more resources than expected. So while you are troubled in launching the gameplay, you should disable it for good.
- Navigate to the General tab from the game’s properties.
- Turn off the “Enable Steam Overlay” toggle.
- Relaunch Steam on your PC.
Update Graphics Drivers
A game like Valorant requires high-end resolutions and support to the latest build of graphics drivers. So users should keep their device drivers updated to the latest version.
- Press Win + X keys and select the Device Manager utility.
- Expand the Display Adapters tab.
- Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
- Select “Search automatically for drivers”
- Thereafter, restart their PC.
Delete Cache Files
Some glitched game junk files can be problematic and cause trouble. Players need to Delete the cache files of the game to get rid of the junk that’s causing the trouble.
- Press Win + E keys.
- Go to the Documents folder from the left pane.
- Navigate to My Games >> Valorant >> TAGame
- Right-click on the Cache folder and select the Delete option.
- Reboot the system and relaunch Valorant.
Whenever an issue arises in Valorant or an error/bug affects performance, Valorant quickly launches the security patch to fix the issue. Now, it’s your duty to update Valorant timely for better performance.
Check, did you miss any Valorant update for Windows 10 or 11 or not?
- Click on the three-dot menu.
- Go to Help and click About Valorant.
- It will automatically start installing any new updates if available.
Visit Google Chrome and download the latest version of Valorant on PC.
Reboot Valorant on PC
Reboot Valorant by closing all tabs and then closing Valorant Windows on the computer. It is for the crashing issue. But if anyone is facing a Valorant crashing issue, and can’t close the Valorant because the screen is stuck. He has to close Valorant using the task Manager.
- Open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Alt + Del or, right-click on the Task Bar and then select Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, select Valorant from the list
- Click on the End task button in the bottom-right corner.
- It will force close Valorant in Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Maybe there is no issue with Valorant and the mess occurs from your computer’s OS side. So, the best way to clarify this doubt is you should restart your PC Once. PC Reboot will close all the background running apps and will close corrupt files.
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click the power button and select restart
- Wait for the PC Reboot
- Play Valorant again to check it works fine or not
Use Windows Defender or Avira/Avast!
Virus or malware affects the overall performance of the computer. If Valorant is not the only app that is crashing on Windows 10, Windows 11, it means, that there is malware, ransomware, or a virus on your computer. That’s why we only recommend highly trustable and credible software.
You need to scan your PC once to remove the malware and corrupt files. Activate the Windows Defender and use it to remove ransomware. Or, you can also use Avast or Avira Antivirus, etc. These are the best Antivirus for Windows 11.
- Click on Settings.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Security.
- Select ‘Virus & threat protection.
- Next, on your right, click on the Quick scan button.
- Once done, reboot your PC and see if Valorant is working fine.
Reinstall Valorant on PC
That’s the last DIY solution that you can try to fix Valorant Crashing on Windows 11/10. Uninstall Valorant and Reinstall it.
Start the Valorant again from scratch. To uninstall Valorant on Windows 11 and Windows 10, follow these steps.
- Type Add or remove programs on the Cortana Search Bar, and click on the option that appeared by the same name on the left pane.
- Click on Valorant on the all-app list that is installed on your computer.
- Click on Uninstall and let the computer uninstall software completely.
- Reboot the computer to refresh the system once.
Conclusion – Valorant Crashing on PC!
We haven’t seen any official statement by Microsoft or Playground Games regarding the Valorant Crashing on PC. But, if all the above solutions failed to fix the Valorant Crashing on PC issues then developer has to take some actions. Contact Playground Games Support and they will fix the issue for you.