No Man’s Sky Screen Tearing is another survival game based on exploration that was developed & published by Hello Games. There have been complaints from PS4 and PS5 consumers, who are frustrated by the game’s crashing issue.
So if you are also one of the victims of this error, read this guide to fix No Man’s Sky Screen Tearing on PS4 / PS5. Maybe you are facing a No Man’s Sky Startup crash issue because of a glitch in the system or game files.
The error can also be triggered due to a faulty database. So by considering the possible scenarios behind this problem, I deliver to you some troubleshooting workarounds.
How Do I Fix No Man’s Sky Screen Tearing?
Total Time: 5 minutes
Check the system software update.
Remove glitches from saved game data.
Recreate the console’s (PS4 / PS5) database.
Reinstall No Man’s Sky on your game console.
Reset PlayStation 4 / 5
If you are interested in learning more about the aforementioned steps, read the following methods.
Update System OS
On every PlayStation, a Unix-based OS is installed that is quite similar to Mac.
So you need to keep the system OS updated, to avoid any glitches at startup or mid-game.
- Navigate to Console’s Settings.
- Hit System Software Update
- Do as you are told, to keep your console’s OS updated to the latest version.
Clear No Man’s Sky Data
Your game’s data can be corrupted, and that’s why you are facing issues while launching it.
It would be better to delete the game’s data, to avoid any corruption.
- Launch Settings and go to the Storage tab.
- Select Saved Data
- Choose No Man’s Sky
- Hit the Options button from your game controller.
- Select all the saved game files and choose the Delete option.
- Restart your console.
Rebuild Console’s Database
One of the many fixes to resolve the No Man’s Sky Crashing issue is rebuilding the console’s database.
You can implement two procedures, whatever works for you to enjoy No Man’s Sky without any error.
- First of all, turn off your PlayStation and unplug all cables from it.
- Now leave it for about 2-3 minutes.
- Plug it again and turn it on.
- Check if that helps you in resolving the issue.
- If not, imply the second procedure.
- Long press the power button on PlayStation until you hear 2 beeps.
- After it boots in safe mode, connect your controller with PlayStation through USB.
- Press the PS button from your controller.
- Select the Rebuild Database option.
- After completing the process, restart your console.
Reinstall No Man’s Sky
You should also try reinstalling No Man’s Sky on PS4 / PS5.
This action would help you in installing an updated and clean version of the game.
- Open Settings
- Select Storage
- Choose No Man’s Sky
- Click on Delete
- After deleting the game, reinstall it from the official store.
Reset PS4 / PS5
In case you are still facing the same issue, you should reset PlayStation to default settings.
- Launch Settings
- Choose Initialization
- Select Initialize PS4 or Initialize PS5
- Choose Full
- Now, wait until the process is completed.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to fix No Man’s Sky Screen Tearing, at it’sDailyTech.