Firefox Browser is heaven for the technology geeks and users, especially for web developers. It is said to be the second-best PC browser right after Chrome. According to the technology blogs, Firefox is the best browser for developers to ever build. When it comes to stability it surpasses all the rivals. But in the end, the harsh fact is Firefox is also a piece of technology that can’t ever be errorless.
Although there are major complaints reported from the last few months there is one which we can’t ignore. We are talking about the Firefox Keeps Freezing issue.
No doubt this issue is unignoreable but it is also easily solvable. All you need is to perform some solutions. After that, you can easily fix the Firefox Browser Keeps Freezing on Windows PC issue.
Disable Firefox Browser addons
This is the factor of Firefox Browser crashing which I personally experienced. Due to a lot of enabled extensions, Firefox Browser keeps crashing on my Windows 10.
Never install an untrustable, low-rated Firefox add-on and never install an unnecessary one.
- Click on the Firefox three-dotted menu icon.
- Select the more tools option.
- Click on the Extensions.
Check all extensions, keep the necessary ones, and disable/delete the unused Firefox addons.
Update Firefox Browser
Whenever an issue arises in Firefox Browser or an error/bug affects performance, Firefox Browser quickly launches the security patch to fix the issue. Now, it’s your duty to update Firefox Browser timely for better performance.
Check, did you miss any Firefox Browser update for Windows 11 or not?
- Click on the three-dot menu.
- Go to Help and click About Firefox Browser.
- It will automatically start installing any new updates if available.
Minimize the tabs quantity
People who don’t close the Firefox Browser unnecessary tabs face the issues even they are using Firefox on macOS. Only open those tabs which are necessary. Due to a lot of tabs, there is a certain burden on Firefox on your Windows computers. Firefox gets overloaded and also, internet speed gets slow. So, it’s better to close the tabs which are not at work.
Reinstall Firefox Browser on Windows 11 or 10
That’s the last DIY solution that you can try to fix Firefox Browser Keeps Freezing, Crashing on Windows 11/10. Uninstall Firefox Browser and Reinstall it.
Start the Firefox again from scratch. To uninstall Firefox Browser on Windows 11 and Windows 10, follow these steps.
- Type Add or remove programs on the Cortana Search Bar, and click on the option that appeared by the same name on the left pane.
- Click on Firefox Browser on the all-app list that is installed on your computer.
- Click on Uninstall and let the computer uninstall software completely.
- Reboot the computer to refresh the system once.
Visit Microsoft Edge and download latest version of Firefox Browser for Windows 11 or Windows 10 from there.
Reboot Firefox Browser on Windows 11/10
Reboot Firefox Browser by closing all tabs and then close Firefox Browser Windows on the computer. It is for the crashing issue. But if anyone is facing a Firefox Browser Freezing issue, and can’t close the Firefox because the screen is stuck. He have to close Firefox Browser using the task Manager.
- Open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Alt + Del or, right-click on the Task Bar and then select Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, select Firefox Browser from the list
- Click on the End task button in the bottom-right corner.
- It will force close Firefox Browser in Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Maybe there is no issue with Firefox and the mess occurs from your computer’s OS side. So, the best way to clarify this doubt is you should restart your PC Once. PC Reboot will close all the background running apps and will close corrupt files.
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click the power button and select restart
- Wait for the PC Reboot
- Use Firefox again to check it works fine or not
Clean Up Computer (Delete Incompatible Apps)
If you have enough place at home it doesn’t mean you will welcome every random person. Similarly, if you have enough storage on the computer, it doesn’t mean that you will give storage access to every software.
Uninstall all incompatible and unnecessary apps from your computer. You will notice a remarkable improvement in your PC performance. Also, there will be no longer Firefox Browser crashing or freezing issues on Windows 11 or Windows 10.
- Go to the three dots menu icon
- Click on the Settings
- Select the Advanced option
- Click on Reset and Clean Up
- Select Clean Up Computer
you will notice an unignorable increase in Firefox speed and overall performance after cleaning.
Use Windows Defender or Avira/Avast!
Virus or malware affects the overall performance of the computer. If Firefox is not the only app that is crashing or freezing on Windows 10, Windows 11, it means, that there is malware, ransomware, or a virus on your computer. That’s why we only recommend highly trustable and credible software.
You need to scan your PC once to remove the malware and corrupt files. Activate the Windows Defender and use it to remove ransomware on Windows 11/10. Or, you can also use Avast or Avira Antivirus, etc. These are the best Antivirus for Windows 11.
- Click on Settings.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Security.
- Select ‘Virus & threat protection.
- Next, on your right, click on the Quick scan button.
- Once done, reboot your PC and see if Firefox is working fine.
Clear Cache/History/All Browsing Data
Now, these are three different steps. After every step, you need to check Firefox working. If it works fine then well and good otherwise, proceed to the next step. First, you need to clear the cache of Firefox to solve the Firefox Browser Keeps Crashing or Freezing issue.
- Press Ctrl + H on Firefox to open browsing History.
- On the left pane click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Only check the box of Clear Cache and Data and then click on clear.
Reboot Firefox and check the performance, if the issue is still there. You need to clear All Browsing data, it will delete the following three things if you check all boxes.
- Browsing History
- Cookies and other sites data
- Cached images and files
Contact Support – Fix Firefox Browser Keeps Freezing on Windows
The last option to solve any OS or Application Software-related issue are the developers of that product. If all of the above solutions failed to fix the Firefox Browser Keeps freezing on Windows 11/10. Users need to contact Firefox Support and their experts will help you to solve this issue.