fix Age of Empires Stuttering issues with simple solutions written here. This game is such popular that people who don’t even play this game already know about it. One of the best social media promotions and campaigns is running by the Age of Empires. This game is inspired by the vintage classic strategy game probably the sensation of 20 years ago.
Age of Empires Details
This game is so legendary, just look at the developers and publishers of this game, how much they are!
- Ensemble Studios
- Big Huge Games
- Robot Entertainment
- Relic Entertainment
- Hidden Path Entertainment
- Forgotten Empires
- World’s Edge
- Tantalus Media
Designers Behind Age of Empires
- Ensemble Studios,
- Greg Street, B
- Ruce Shelley,
Publishers of this game
- Microsoft Corporation
- Xbox Game Studios
- Hidden Path Entertainment
- Glu Mobile
- Majesco Entertainment
Age of Empires is backed by one of the most talented gaming developers ever. From the development to the maintenance they tried their best to make the highly stable and highly supportive with all the compatible operating systems.
Just look at the series of operating systems that are compatible with the Age of Empires. Microsoft Windows; Classic Mac OS; Windows Mobile; PlayStation 2; OS X; N-Gage; Nintendo DS; Windows Phone; iOS; Android
There are no serious issues with the games and also not a single global complaint registered. The game is complete but you know when there is an issue with the device and we are blaming the game sucks! I mean, we all can relate to this.
Update the Game
If the Age of Empires update is available quickly update the game. By the way, the game is newly launched and already running the latest version. The game update maybe arrives if the crashing issue is because of the developer’s end. So, users have to update and play the game smoothly. If not, then users have to proceed to the next solution.
- Open Steam
- Click on the menu icon in the top-left corner.
- Click on Settings from the drop-down menu. Head over to Downloads.
- Make sure to Enable automatic game updates for recently played games.
- If it’s already enabled by default, then just disable it, and manually select the Age of Empires game title in your library.
- Click on Update. Wait for the update process to be completed.
- Finally, make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Check Internet Connection
As Age of Empires is online-based, we have to ensure the internet connection must be working and signal strength must be good at least, if not excellent. To check the internet connection, google chrome is the best tool. Search any query on chrome and watch any video on YouTube. If they are working fine, it means the internet connection is good and the problem is with the game.
Lower the graphics
All games by giant developers have the option of setting game graphics according to the system capacity, similarly, Age of Empires also offers the graphics settings. Requirements of the game including Graphics are
- OS: Windows 10 64 bit, or Windows 11.
- Processor: Intel Core i5-6300U or AMD Ryzen 5 2400G.
- Memory: 8 GB RAM.
- Graphics: Intel HD 520 or AMD Radeon RX Vega 11.
- DirectX: Version 12.
- Storage: 50 GB available space*
- Additional Notes: CPU with AVX support required.
If you have these minimum ones in your system, it may run the game but there will be much load. So, users have to low down the graphic quality of Age of Empires on their system.
Update your Computer’s Video Drivers
Like a car needs a driver to run, similarly, a computer needs drivers to operate. According to the game manuals, if video drivers are outdated on your machine, it can crash Age of Empires. So get your computer video drivers up to date to fix Age of Empires Stuttering constantly on Windows 11.
Step 1: Open Device Manager by right-clicking on the Windows icon.
Step 2: Expand the Display adapters on Device Manager and right-click on video drivers.
Step 3: Select Update drivers and the OS will scan to install the newest video drivers from the web.
Run the Security Scan
You need to run the security scan to troubleshoot the problem that is causing Age of Empires to stutter constantly on your computer.
- Hit the Windows key and click on the Settings icon. Or, press the Windows key and search for Windows Security app.
- Find the Virus & threat protection option and click it.
- Now, run a quick scan on the PC.
- Find and remove any malicious files and try playing the game after it.
Conclusion – Age of Empires Stuttering constantly!
We haven’t seen any official statement by developers regarding the Age of Empires crashing. But, if all the above solutions failed to fix the Age of Empires Stuttering issues then Relic Entertainment has to take some actions. Contact Relic Entertainment and they will fix the issue for you.