Fallout 3 is an action role-playing game offered by Bethesda Softworks. The game’s in the market for a long time and it’s can be played via Steam and Epic Games Launcher.
Players can enjoy four different endings of their gameplay. However, it’s nearly impossible to enjoy all four endings at the same time, they need to complete the main story with a different path, to enjoy a different ending.
If any player decides to see all endings, he will have to spend about 23 hours, without having to waste any time. Though, it’s totally worth it, when you get to complete the Broken Steel quests.
A player can only enjoy Fallout 3 if he’s not bothered by any game-launching issues. And, if you are facing any trouble at the startup of the game, consult with the following section.
How Do I Fix Fallout 3 Not Launching Issue?
Here are some troubleshooting workarounds that can be implied to fix the Fallout 3 crashing at startup or not launching issue. I have listed various methods, by considering all the scenarios that can trigger this error.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Always ensure that your system has enough juice to run Fallout 3.
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
Launch Fallout 3 as Administrator
First of all, you should try launching Fallout 3 with administrative rights. This would allow you to run the game without facing any blockades from antivirus software.
1. Right-click on the shortcut icon of Fallout 3 and select Properties.
2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the Run this program as administrator box.
4. Click on the Ok button.
Update GPU Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build.
1. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
2. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
3. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
4. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
5. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
6. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Some Visual C++ Runtime files can get corrupted, so you should reinstall the C++ on your Windows PC.
1. Press the Win + I keys to launch Settings
2. Go to the Apps & Features tab.
3. Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files.
4. Go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
5. Now, install the downloaded files and reboot your system, after the successful installation.
Verify Fallout 3 Files
Players can also repair/verify Fallout 3 files directly from the Steam/Epic Games client. This would allow them to fix any corruptions from the game file directory, that is causing the crashing trouble.
1. Navigate to the Library section on Steam/Epic Games Launcher.
2. Right-click on Fallout 3 and select Properties.
3. Go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
4. Relaunch Steam/Epic Launcher, once the verification is completed.
Reinstall Fallout 3
As a last resort, you should reinstall Fallout 3 on your computer.
If you are playing it on Steam/Epic Games Launcher, then here’s what you need to do:
1. Uninstall Fallout 3 from the Library section.
2. Close Steam/Epic Launcher and clear the cache memory of your system.
3. Launch Steam/Epic Launcher and reinstall Fallout 3.
That’s all, thanks for visiting it’sDailyTech.