In iOS 15, FaceTime received a major update. Now you guys can FaceTime Between Android And iPhone devices. Moreover, the video and audio quality of FaceTime have been improved by using Spatial audio from Dolby Atmos. FaceTime users also have a wide spectrum of options to modify the background or foreground noise while you are on a FaceTime call.
There are many other features in iOS 15, that have been added to FaceTime. Like SharePlay and creating FaceTime Links. You can learn about iOS 15 and all of its features like Notification Announcement, Conversation Boost, Safari Extensions, Drag-n-Drop file, White Noise, Live Text, and new fully advanced Siri. Furthermore, here I will explain everything relating to FaceTime Between Android And iPhone.
Also read: FaceTime Call Not Working Issue On iOS 15.
Make A FaceTime Call Between Android And iPhone
First, of all, we have never seen any iOS feature that extends to Android. This is the first time Apple is doing something like this ” FaceTime Between Android And iPhone”. It is an amazing iOS 15 exclusive feature, which was never expected from Apple. Without further ado, allow me to explain how FaceTime calls work between iOS and Android.
How To Use FaceTime On Android
The FaceTime feature is not actually on Android, however, you guys can use it on an Android or Windows system. If your friend or a family member owns an iPhone, then they can invite you on a FaceTime Call using the FaceTime Link feature. The link can be shared by any sharing method like Email, Text message, Messenger, or even WhatsApp.
After receiving the FaceTime Link you can click on the link and select the “Open In Web Browser” option. The link will open in the web browser of your Android smartphone or the web browser of your Windows device. Now you can join then FaceTime calls the same way we join Google Meet or Zoom calls.
How To Create FaceTime Links
To create a FaceTime Link, you need to have an iPhone, iPad, or Mac device with the Apple latest software. In this case, you need to update your device to iOS 15 or iPadOS 15. Now using your device you can create a FaceTime Link. However, before you do that you need to be logged in to your Apple account on your iPhone or iPad.
Moreover, Android or Windows users don’t need to have an Apple account to join the FaceTime call. However, you have to keep in mind the, Android or Windows users can join the FaceTime call with just the link. The creator of the FaceTime Link must approve the users before they can join the FaceTime call. Additionally, Apple confirms that their FaceTime is encrypted with end-to-end encryption. FaceTime Between Android And iPhone or Windows is also encrypted for optimal security
FaceTime Between Android And iPhone – Creation Of FaceTime Link
If you want to FaceTime with your friend or a family member using an Android device, then you have to create a FaceTime Link. Creating FaceTime Link is a very easy method, here is how you can do it without any hassle.
- First, open the Stock FaceTime App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, tap on Create Link, which is the option on the left side of the screen.
- A link will be generated instantly and will appear in the Upcoming section.
How To Share FaceTime Link For Android & Windows Users
Using the method explained above, you have successfully created a FaceTime Link. Now it is time for you to share the link with your friends and family, so they can also join you.
- Tap on the (i) button appearing next to the created link in the upcoming section.
- A new menu will appear, click on the Share Link option.
- From the same menu, you have the option to delete the FaceTime Link, this will deactivate the link and no user will be able to join the FaceTime call using it.
- A popup menu will appear from the bottom of the screen, from this menu select the preferred method of sharing the link with your friends and family.
- Now just send the link.
How To Join FaceTime Call On Android Or Windows
Joining FaceTime call on Android and Windows is apparently the same method. Users just have to click on the FaceTime Link and wait for approval from the creator of FaceTime Link. I have explained the method from both iPhone and Android perspectives.
- Click on the FaceTime Link that you have received.
- The link will open in the web browser. Enter your name (this will appear as your FaceTime name). Now click on the Continue button.
- Now your device will activate the front camera and will appear as you are making a video call. Click on the Join button on the top right corner of the screen.
- This will send a popup notification to the iPhone user, so he or she can easily accept your invitation.
- Android users will see a “Waiting To Be Let In” message at the bottom of the screen.
- iPhone users must tap on the check button or the Tick button to accept the invitation and allow Android or Windows users to join the FaceTime call.
This is how you can FaceTime Between Android And iPhone or Windows & iPhone.
This is all regarding FaceTime Between Android And iPhone, If you have any questions regarding this feature, then you can ask in the comment section below. Thank You for your time and keep supporting ItsDailyTech.