Several individuals demand to separate audio from video. Because they prefer to listen to audio without having to waste internet bandwidth on 4K or 8K videos. And there can also be other reasons like creating a ringtone or using the background music to create TikTok videos.
No matter the cause, you can always Extract Audio From Video on a device of your choice. I’ve decided to deliver methods for all the major platforms, so you can convert the video files into audio. And I’ll ensure that you don’t have to empty your pockets to complete such a task.
How Can I Extract Audio From Video?
To be specific, I’ll describe How To Extract Audio From Video on Windows 10, Mac, Android, iOS, & YouTube. Because in my opinion, these are the major platforms on which users like to separate audio from video. So I’ll start by assisting PC users and then help smartphone users get this job done.
Extract Audio From Video On Windows 10
Users have both options of using software or an online tool to Extract Audio From Video On Windows 10. So I’m going to prefer using a freeware named Audacity. I’m suggesting you use this program because it’s specifically developed for purposes like converting audio files to mp3 format. Now let’s see how it could help you separate audio from video.
- From Audacity’s interface, click on File >> Import
- Now select the video file from which you would like to extract audio.
- Choose what part of a media file you would wish to save in audio.
- Navigate back to the menu bar and hit File >> Export
- Select in which format you would like to save the extracted audio.
- After selecting the folder destination, click on the Save button.
- In a couple of seconds, audio will be extracted from your video file.
Extract Audio From Video On Mac
There’s a slight change for Mac users to Extract Audio From Video. Thanks to QuickTime Player, Mac users can easily convert videos into audio and listen to the saved file in the media player. And because of the elite services provided by Apple Inc, users can easily perform their perspective tasks using this free media player.
- Launch QuickTime Player on Mac.
- Open your desired video file on QuickTime Player.
- Go to the menu bar and select File >> Export As
- Now select Audio Only from the given options.
- Afterward, simply name your file and hit Save.
Extract Audio From Video On Android
Android smartphone users can use a free app named Audio Extractor for separating audio from video. It specifically helps the ones who wish to extract the audio and use it as background music on their videos. Because this application lets you complete both tasks from the same interface.
- Open Audio Extractor on Android.
- Upload your desired video file inside the app.
- Select the Extract Audio facility.
- Choose the starting and ending point of the video for extracting audio.
- Now select the audio/output format.
- Allow the app to save the extracted audio file on your device’s storage.
Extract Audio From Video On iOS
No need of using any paid apps on iOS, when you have the option of completing the task for free. That’s why I’ll introduce you to an app named Mp3 Converter. It helps you Extract Audio From Video with ease. So let’s see how it works for you.
- While being on the main interface of Mp3 Converter for iOS, click on the Settings icon to select your desired media file’s format.
- Now tap once on the + icon and upload the perspective video file.
- After the video is successfully uploaded, select it and choose Convert
- If you wish to convert video to Mp3, select the Default Mode. Else, you can navigate to the Advanced mode to customize the audio file you are about to save on your iPhone/iPad.
- After the file is saved, it’ll start to appear inside the Converted Media tab.
Extract Audio From Video On YouTube
You are in for a treat because there’s a free YouTube to Mp3 Converter by DVDVideoSoft. Users of Windows & Mac operating systems can benefit from this freeware without having to register or subscribe. And the program’s interface is quite user-friendly, so you’ll not face any trouble while using it.
- Launch Free YouTube To Mp3 Converter on your device.
- Copy the URL of your desired YouTube video.
- From the program’s home interface, click on the Paste button.
- Now hit the Download button and you are good to go.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading my guide about How To Extract Audio From Video on itsDailyTech.