Evil West is a TPS game developed by Flying Wild Hog. The game offers a fascinating storyline about the undead, which can complete within 10 to 15 hours of gameplay.
A game like Evil West can lag during gameplay. Because this next-gen game can only launch and respond properly if all of its requirements are met.
Even if there’s a slight decrease in the internet speed, the game will start responding laggy. Also, there are some other aspects that a user needs to consider and imply their solutions to bypass any performance issues during gameplay.
How Do I Fix Evil West Low FPS on PC?
Here are some solutions that would help you in fixing the Evil West Low FPS or stuttering issues. You are mainly required to perform some customizations with the system OS. Because this isn’t a game bug, but only your game is getting less amount of the resources that are required for a smooth launch and gameplay.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Dedicate Evil West Manually
If any of the Evil West players face difficulty in using GPU, they should select it manually from their respective GPU managers.
I have talked about NVIDIA and AMD users individually, in the following section:
1. Launch NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. Navigate to 3D Settings >> Manage 3D Settings
3. Go to Program Settings and add Evil West
4. Choose a High-performance NVIDIA processor
5. After saving the changes, restart your PC.
1. Launch AMD Radeon Settings
2. Navigate to System and select Switchable Graphics
3. Restart your system.
Update Graphics Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
1. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
2. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
3. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
4. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
5. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Exit Unwanted Background Tasks
Some background running apps can intercept your Evil West gameplay. It would be better to only run the game and remove all the background apps/processes.
1. Launch Task Manager from the context menu bar (press Win + X keys to launch the context menu)
2. Go to the processes tab.
3. Choose the unwanted apps and click on the End Task button.
Customize In-Game Settings
In-game optimization can also be helpful in fixing the issues related to GPU.
Here’s what you need to do to make Evil West run smoothly on your computer.
1. From the Evil West lobby, click on the Settings icon.
2. Turn off VSync
3. Shift advanced settings to low or medium.
Repair Evil West Files
If you are still unable to launch Evil West, you should consider repairing its files from the game launcher. This would help you in fixing any corruptions and faults in the game’s files, that are caused by the faulty third-party apps.
1. Launch Steam and navigate to the Library section
2. Right-click on Evil West and select Properties
3. Go to the Local Files tab
4. Click on Verify the integrity of game files.
5. Relaunch Steam and Evil West on it.
Reinstall Evil West
You should also try reinstalling Evil West, as it will help you in removing all the clutters from the game’s directory.
1. So while using Steam, right-click on Evil West and select Manage
2. Now, click on the Uninstall option.
3. Once the game is removed from the library, reinstall it.
That’s all, thanks for visiting it’sDailyTech.