- Epic Games Launcher provides a convenient solution for Windows users to play games directly from their store.
- Many famous games like Fortnite, Genshin Impact, and Red Dead Redemption can be played directly from this game store.
- But some PC users are unable to fully benefit from it, because of the Epic Games Launcher Crashing on Windows 11 issue.
- I have added solutions to help users who have to bear the Epic Launcher opening and closing by itself error.
Gaming distribution clients like Epic Launcher, Origin, and Steam have brought a lot of convenience into digital gaming. But such launchers are not free from glitches. As in the past, we discussed the Steam crashing issue, today, I will deliver some workarounds to bypass the Epic Launcher crashing on Windows PC. So that users can take full advantage of Epic Games Store on their computer.
How Do I Fix Epic Games Launcher Crashing on Windows 11?
Here are some of the fixes to help users get rid of the Epic Games Launcher Freezing or Crashing issue on Windows PC. However, you should keep an open mind while executing such solutions, because the problem may reside within the launcher or operating system. So I will deliver some methods to fix this issue, by considering all the possibilities.
Examine Server Status
It is a possibility that the launcher’s servers are currently down, and they are not responding well to the player’s requests. In that case, you can visit the official Epic Games support webpage to examine the current status of the servers. And if the webpage is notifying that everything’s ok, proceed to the next method to resolve the issue.
Update Windows OS
Users should keep their Windows Build updated to the latest version. It helps them enjoy the latest services, specially developed for optimized gaming.
- Press Win + I keys to launch Settings.
- Navigate to Windows Update
- Click on the Check for Updates button.
- In case of a pending update, allow your system to download & install the required files.
Players should also install the additional updates, as they are available to provide some extra support for third-party applications like Epic Launcher. To do so, click on the “Advanced Options” tab from the Windows Update section. Under Optional Updates, click on the “Download & Install” button.
Update Graphics Driver
Outdated graphics drivers never work out for gamers. Because to enjoy the latest games on Windows PC, users have to keep the associated drivers updated.
- Press Win + X keys and select Device Manager from the given options.
- Expand the Display Adapters tab.
- Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver.
- Select the “Search automatically for drivers” option.
- After updating the drivers, restart your PC.
Detailed Guide: How To Update Drivers in Windows 11
Scan for System Errors
Users also have the option of scanning the corruptions in their system files. Windows OS lets users scan for such corruptions and fix them, by executing a singular command.
- Type “cmd” inside the search bar and select the “Run as administrator” option.
- Execute the “sfc /scannow” command.
- After executing the command, reboot your computer.
Customize Video Performance
Making a slight change in the video performance can help your system work more efficiently with Epic Games Launcher. But this trick can only be beneficial for Windows 11 32-bit systems. If you are using 64-bit Windows OS, skip this method.
- Launch the “Advanced System Settings” using the search bar.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and click on the Settings button.
- On the Performance Options window, go to the “Data Execution Prevention” tab.
- Select the “Turn on DEP for all programs except those I select” bullet.
- Click on Apply >> Ok.
Remove Sonic Studio 3
Users who have installed Sonic Studio 3 on Windows PC, should uninstall it. Becasue many players have encountered this issue because of the Sonic Studio’s messing with Epic Launcher’s resources.
- Press Win + X keys and select “Apps & Features”
- Select Sonic Studio 3 from the list of installed programs.
- Now, click on the Uninstall button and confirm your action.
Turn On Game Mode
It’s a fact that Windows 11 is more optimized for PC gaming. And it also consists of a Gaming Mode, but it isn’t enabled by default. So it would be a better option for players to enable such a facility, to fully benefit from Epic Games Store.
- Launch Windows 11 Settings.
- Navigate to the Gaming tab.
- Enable the Game Mode toggle.
Disable Windows Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall is capable of blocking third-party services. It can also mess with the resources from Epic Games Launcher, required to run the program smoothly. So you can temporarily disable such a facility, only to check if that helps in resolving the issue.
- Use the search bar to open the “Virus & threat protection” utility.
- Disable the real-time protection.
- Now, launch Windows Defender Firewall from the same search bar and disable it as well.
Reinstall Epic Launcher
Maybe the installed Epic Games Launcher is far from any fixes, and it required a clean reinstallation to work properly. So the launcher’s corrupted files can be fixed and saved from any corruption.
- Launch Windows 11 Settings and go to the Apps section.
- Select Epic Games Launcher and click on Uninstall.
- After uninstalling the launcher, reboot your PC.
- Now, reinstall the latest version of Epic Games Launcher on Windows 11.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to fix Epic Games Launcher Crashing on Windows 11 at it’sDailyTech.