Troubled by Elder Scrolls Online Stuck On Loading Screen? Or the game launcher isn’t allowing you to enjoy your favorite game?
Use this guide to fix such errors that are not letting the launcher load the game files properly.
Launch ESO on your computer smoothly
Here are some quick fixes to bypass launching issues on Elder Scrolls Online:
- Reinstall Microsoft C++
- Turn off Antivirus and Firewall Protection
- Manually Remove Corrupted Game Data
- Repair Launcher Corruptions
How Do I Fix Elder Scrolls Online Stuck On Loading Screen?
The main reasons behind Elder Scrolls Online Stuck On Loading Screen errors are corrupted C++ files, firewall blockades, corrupted game directories, or missing launcher files.
So I’ve decided to deliver solutions that’ll help you bypass this issue once and for all.
Reinstall Microsoft C++
If any C++ files are corrupted or not responding well, your in-game launcher will start to respond laggy. So rather than updating such system files, you can reinstall them for your benefit.
- Press Windows + I keys from your keyboard.
- From the Setting window, click on the Apps tab
- Locate and select Microsoft Visual C++
- Click on the Uninstall button and confirm your action (do the same for all the Microsoft C++ applications)
- Once the C++ files are uninstalled, close the settings window
- Click here to download C++ files from Microsoft
- Install the latest version of C++ applications by following the on-screen prompts
- Afterward, check if this trick solves Elder Scrolls Online Stuck On Loading Screen.
Disable Antivirus & Firewall Protection
In case you are currently using a third-party antivirus, you need to disable it. However, it’s not safe to turn off Windows Firewall protection.
So you’ll be required to add an exception to it, so it could run the game files easily.
- Launch Windows 10 Settings and go to the Update & Security tab
- Select Windows Security from the left pane
- Click on Firewall & Network Protection from the right pane
- On the next window, click on Allow an app through the firewall
- Click on the Change Settings button
- Check all the private and public checkboxes for ESO or ESO Launcher
- Now click on the Allow another app button
- Add the following file paths inside the Apps dialogue box.
- ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
- Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
- Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
- After adding the game file paths, click on the Add button
- Now hit the Ok button from the firewall exceptions window.
Remove Corrupted Game Data
The files that allow the game to load smoothly may be missing or corrupted by the system.
To fix the in-game files, you are required to perform several steps:
- You need to close the ESO Launcher and reboot your system
- After your system has restarted, navigate to the following file path:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher
- Select the Program Data folder and delete it
- Now open the ESO Launcher to check it.
Repair ESO Launcher
Here’s the method to execute a repair within a couple of minutes.
- Right-click on ESO Launcher and select Run as administrator
- From the launcher’s home interface, navigate to Game Options and select Repair
- Allow the launcher to check for perspective repairs
- And while it’s repairing the corrupted files, allow it to complete the process peacefully.
- Now once the repairing process of the ESO launcher is completed, restart Elderly Scroll Online on your device.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading to Fix Elder Scrolls Online Stuck On Loading Screen at itsDailyTech.