- Elden Ring is an action role-playing game published by Bandai Namco Entertainment.
- The game’s made available for Windows PC, PlayStation, and Xbox.
- I will discuss the methods to fix Elden Ring Low FPS and Lagging issues.
Elden Ring is a one-of-a-kind RPG platform, which no player would never want to miss. Even in a full-price game with no loot boxes or microtransactions, players still feel indulged in it. Because everyone’s into saving a dark world that bieng dominated by demons and dark lords.
In a game like Elden Ring, everyone wants to succeed. But a player can only be victorious if he’s enjoying smooth gameplay, which can only happen if his gaming device is responding correctly with the game’s resources. So if you are encountering performance issues during gameplay, I have compiled the following section to assist you.
How Do I Fix Elden Ring Low FPS and Lagging on PC?
Here are some solutions that would help you in fixing the Elden Ring Low FPS or stuttering issues. You are mainly required to perform some customizations with the system OS. Because this isn’t a game bug, but only your game is getting less amount of the resources that are required for a smooth launch and gameplay.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Dedicate Elden Ring Manually
If any of the Elden Ring players face difficulty in using GPU, they should select it manually from their respective GPU managers.
I have talked about NVIDIA and AMD users individually, in the following section:
1. Launch NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. Navigate to 3D Settings >> Manage 3D Settings
3. Go to Program Settings and add Elden Ring
4. Choose a High-performance NVIDIA processor
5. After saving the changes, restart your PC.
1. Launch AMD Radeon Settings
2. Navigate to System and select Switchable Graphics
3. Restart your system.
Update Graphics Drivers
Always ensure that your device drivers are updated to the latest build. Especially, your graphics drivers should be updated to the latest patch.
1. Press the Win + X keys to launch the context menu.
2. Select Device Manager from the appearing menu.
3. Expand the Display Adapters tab.
4. Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Driver
5. Allow the system to update the files automatically.
Exit Unwanted Background Tasks
Some background running apps can intercept your Elden Ring gameplay. It would be better to only run the game and remove all the background apps/processes.
1. Launch Task Manager from the context menu bar (press Win + X keys to launch the context menu)
2. Go to the processes tab.
3. Choose the unwanted apps and click on the End Task button.
Customize In-Game Settings
In-game optimization can also be helpful in fixing the issues related to GPU.
Here’s what you need to do to make Elden Ring run smoothly on your computer.
1. From the Elden Ring lobby, click on the Settings icon.
2. Turn off VSync
3. Shift advanced settings to low or medium.
Repair Elden Ring Files
If you are still unable to launch Elden Ring, you should consider repairing its files from the game launcher. This would help you in fixing any corruptions and faults from the game’s files, that are caused by the faulty third-party apps.
1. Launch Steam and navigate to the Library section
2. Right-click on Elden Ring and select Properties
3. Go to the Local Files tab
4. Click on Verify the integrity of game files.
5. Relaunch Steam and Elden Ring on it.
Reinstall Elden Ring
You should also try reinstalling Elden Ring, as it will help you in removing all the clutters from the game’s directory.
1. So while using Steam, right-click on Elden Ring and select Manage
2. Now, click on the Uninstall option.
3. Once the game is removed from the library, reinstall it.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading ways to fix Elden Ring Low FPS and Lagging on PC, at it’sDailyTech.