Adding rules to your Discord Server is complimentary.
Here, I will provide a list of Discord Server Rules that you can copy from my post, paste them in the Rules section, and publish them, without having to perform any extra hassle.
Here are the things that you need to consider, before publishing any rules on your Discord Server:
Know your server’s type…
If you are using a Discord server, just for communication services, then you may only need to add some rules to protect it from spam.
But in case you are about to start a gaming server, then you should add rules like no one’s allowed to promote products or start trading with the communists.
Meaning, you should add rules, depending upon the nature of your Discord server’s type.
Know your community…
Another main thing that you should be aware of is what kind of people you are focusing on to join your server.
So you can add the rules according to their age, interests, and language.
After considering the aforementioned rule-creation tools, consult with the following section to recognize some good Discord Server Rules.
Read: How to Get Discord Nitro Codes for Free
List of Discord Server Rules
Here’s a Discord Server Rules Template, which you can use to add discipline to your Discord community, as you please.
- Be respectful, civil, and welcoming.
- No inappropriate or unsafe content.
- Do not misuse or spam in any of the channels.
- Do not join the server to promote your content.
- Any content that is NSFW is not allowed under any circumstances.
- Do not buy/sell/trade/give away anything.
- Do not use the server as a dating server.
- The primary language of this server is English.
- Discord names and avatars must be appropriate.
- Spamming in any form is not allowed.
- Controversial topics such as religion or politics are not allowed.
- Do not attempt to bypass any blocked words.
- Don’t ping without legitimate reasoning behind them.
- Alternate accounts are not allowed under any circumstances.
- Catfishing and any sort of fake identities are forbidden.
- No Discord server invite links or codes.
- Do not advertise without permission.
- Do not role-play within the server.
- Raiding is not allowed.
- Anything to target specific groups/individuals is prohibited.
- No major spoilers from any anime, movie, tv-show, or game on public channels.
- Please do not mic spam.
- Do not record voice channel conversations.
- Avoid topics regarding banned members.
- Remain on topic and use channels correctly.
- Do not discuss hacking or cheating.
- Do not link scam websites.
- Spoilers must use spoiler tags and be labeled.
- Listen to the server’s staff.
- Use the appropriate channels.
- Trading, selling, begging, boosting and account sharing are not allowed.
- Do not converse about adult or non-PG topics.
- Only communicate in English.
- Discriminatory language and hate speech is forbidden.
- Be respectful and welcoming as toxicity is disallowed.
- Do not spam messages or emotes.
- XP-Grinding is prohibited.
- Be civil, and do not treat messaging channels like a stream chat.
- Do not ping staff members for no reason.
- Do not mass mention by pinging more than 4 people at once, or randomly ping members.
- Encouraging rule-breaking is an offense.
- Do not flood chat by having messages exceed 7 lines on a computer screen.
- Engaging in message chains is prohibited.
- Do not send copypastas.
- Using Discord Stickers excessively is to be avoided.
- Do not stack more than 5 emotes in a message.
- Do not send more than 2 flashings or strobe-effect emote at any one time.
- Do not send Discord server invites on the server or in DMs.
- Do not send online meeting links.
- Illegally distributing unlicensed material is prohibited.
- You are not allowed to sell anything here.
- Do not impersonate others, including public figures.
- Inappropriate profile pictures, usernames, statuses, usernames with profanity, or blank names are not allowed.
- Please do not make your nickname “everyone”.
- Do not copy or claim other people’s art.
- Obnoxious, excessive, or inappropriate sounds are disallowed.
- Using voice changers and soundboards are disallowed.
- Only stream PG content.
- Do not loop or queue the same song with music bots.
- If there is a large group of members silently listening to music, please kindly mute yourself or move to an alternative channel.
- Do not play music or other audio through your microphone.
- Streaming movies or other copyrighted content is illegal.
- Do not send any malicious and harmful links or files, or anything that jeopardizes the security of others.
- Leaking the personal information of others is prohibited.
- Coordinating or participating in a server raid is forbidden.
- Bullying and harassment are not tolerated.
- Do not send medically-triggering, strobe-effect, or severely flashing media.
- Please refrain from back-seat moderating.
- Do not harass, or join in on the harassment of, another user.
- Do not engage in hate speech of any kind.
- Do not threaten anyone.
- Do not post unsafe items (e.g. malicious websites, pirated software, etc).
- Do not post any link or file that crashes Discord.
- Do not DDoS or threaten to DDoS other users.
- You need to be at least 13 years old to use Discord.
- Be cautious when introducing conversations regarding controversial or sensitive topics.
- Community members should strive for a certain level of quality in their messages.
- Spoilers should be labeled appropriately using Discord’s built-in formatting, sufficiently disclosing what topic is being covered.
- Do not request, post, or disclose piracy information, links, or intent.
- Please limit and be reasonable with the promotion of content.
- All content and messages on this server are to be in English, with the exception of common words or phrases at staff discretion.
- Community members are free to express themselves openly and give constructive criticism and feedback.
- Regardless of age, strive to treat each other as we would like to be treated ourselves.
- Please do not contact server members unsolicited.
- Please follow the Discord terms of service.
- Remain civil and considerate towards other users.
- Follow all staff instructions immediately and at all times.
- No hate speech or trolling.
- Do not discuss, request, conduct, or advertise real money trades.
- Any form of harassment such as blackmailing, doxing, inappropriate DMs, results in an immediate and permanent ban.
- Any sort of discrimination will not be tolerated.
- No advertising Discord servers, other programs, websites, or services.
- Creating sub servers with the intent of moving our members with the goal of self-benefit is not allowed.
- Forming of raids, targeting us or another server will lead to a permanent ban.
- Do not bully or harass another member in any way, shape, or form.
- Any harmful material will result in a permanent ban.
- Do not share personal information.
- We promote diversity and inclusivity and expect your interactions in this channel to be respectful and guided by these principles.
- We encourage free expression for all, embrace our differences, opinions, and diverse backgrounds, therefore, debates are welcome while they are based on these ideas.
- These rules may vary at any time. Moderators reserve the right to warn and ban users discretionally.
- Don’t be toxic or mean, including bashing people’s posts unprovoked.
- If you’re sharing a link, please include a description (unless the nature of the link is obvious).
- Do not impersonate developers, moderators, or other users.
- Be kind and respectful to others.
- The most important rule of all is to have fun!
How Do You Add & Force Discord Server Rules?
One can’t just simply open Discord and create a server with a bunch of rules, that can be annoying for the audience.
A user is required to go under certain criteria to complete such a task, without having to bother his consumers.
But there are some users who don’t read the rules and straightforwardly start communicating with the other members.
So by implying the following methods, you can successfully add and force Discord Server Rules.
If you have a verified Discord profile, you can enable the Community facility from Administrative Tools, to create your Discord Server with preffered rules.
- Select your Discord Server name from the left pane
- Choose Server Settings
- Under Community, select Enable Community
- Click on Get Started
- Now, click on the Next button
- If you don’t have a rules channel, select the Create one for me and hit Next
- At last, click on the Finish Setup button.
The membership screening facility allows one to add custom rules and choose the welcome screen for the new members.
It can be used to force users to read the server rules, before joining it.
- Select Membership Screening from the left pane
- Choose Set up Membership Screening
- Select Server Rules and click on Get Started
- Now, click on Add a rule and paste or type your preffered Discord Server Rules into it.
- Once you are done adding the preffered rules, click on the Save button.
Enable Implied Changes
After enabling community and adding server rules, you also need to enable them.
Because they are yet only saved into the Membership Screening area.
- From the Membership Screening area, add a description of your server
- If you want, you can click on the Preview button to read them, before they are published.
- Now, click on the Enable button to publish them.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading the list of Discord Server Rules to Copy & Paste, at it’sDailyTech.