- Users can Disable Windows 11 Firewall by following a simple procedure.
- It’s up to them, either disable Windows Defender Firewall Temporarily or Permanently.
- In addition, remove certain third-party applications from Windows Firewall access.
Windows Defender Firewall is present to protect individuals from certain malware and viruses online attacks. It usually only notifies a user about suspicious activity, when he tries to run a third-party program on Windows PC. Though, it can sometimes be a headache to bypass an application from firewall restrictions. So I will teach you to turn off such a facility, at any time of your convenience.
How Do I Disable Windows 11 Firewall?
There are more than one way to Disable Firewall in Windows 11. Users can select any method of their choice, they have the option using built-in utilities to get the job done. And, there’s no need of accessing any third-party services to turn off the Windows Defender Firewall.
Turn Off Firewall Using Command Prompt
If you are not into performing any extra hassle and want to complete the task instantly, the command prompt can be of great convenience. It helps you execute a simple command to turn off Firewall services within seconds.
- Press Windows + S keys and type “cmd” in the search bar
- Select the “Run as administrator” option
- Type the following command in cmd and press Enter:
netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off
- After executing the command, reboot your PC.
Note: Switch the “off” statement from the above-provided command to “on”, if you wish to re-enable Windows Firewall.
Turn Off Firewall Using Control Panel
Control Panel is available from the older versions of Windows OS. It can also be used to disable Windows 11 firewall. You can use it instead of the OS Settings if you prefer to make customizations through the older utility.
- Launch Control Panel from the Start menu
- Navigate to System and Security >> Windows Defender Firewall
- Click on the “Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off” link from the left pane
- Disable the Public and Private network Settings and click on the Ok button.
Permanently Disable Windows 11 Firewall
One prominent way of disabling the Windows Defender Firewall is through Settings. From there, users can also make certain customizations, like allowing certain apps to bypass firewall restrictions, and blocking third-party applications from internet access.
- Launch Windows 11 Settings
- Navigate to Privacy & Security >> Windows Security
- From the right pane, click on the “Open Windows Security” button
- Select the “Firewall & network protection” tab
- Choose the Firewall Profile that’s currently active
- Turn Off the Microsoft Defender Firewall toggle and confirm your action.
- Your Windows Firewall will be disabled permanently.
Caution: Unless you are using an anti-virus program, don’t disable the firewall protection. Because your computer may get infected with viruses from the web or unsafe apps.
Turn Off Firewall for Certain Apps
- From the Windows Security interface of Firewall & Network Protection, click on the “Allow an app through firewall” link.
- Now click on the Change Settings button
- Uncheck the app’s checkbox which you would like to remove from the Windows Firewall Checklist
- Afterward, click on the OK button to save changes.
Windows Defender Firewall – Restoration
After some time, if you have finally recognized that Microsoft Defender Firewall is the best security software and want to restore its settings to default, perform the following procedure.
- Open the Windows Security tab from the Windows 11 Settings
- Scroll down and from the right-pane, click on the “Restore firewalls to default” link
- On the next window, click on the “Restore Defaults” button.
Now your Windows Defender Firewall will be restored to the settings that were set at the time of the fresh installation of Windows OS.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading How To Disable Windows Firewall at it’sDailyTech.