Do you want to Disable FaceTime On iPhone or iPad? If yes! then, here you will find all the answers that you are looking for. FaceTime is activated by default on every iPhone or iPad. However, in some regions, the FaceTime feature is banned. So, if you purchase iPhone from those specific regions, then FaceTime will not work on those iPhone or iPad models. Also, there is no method to enable FaceTime on those models, even if you are no longer staying in that country or region.
Moreover, whenever you first time activates your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or iPod. FaceTime is enabled at that very moment. However, for some reason, if the FaceTime feature is not enabled, then Apple provides an easy solution to enable FaceTime on your device. Or if you want to restrict your children’s access to use FaceTime then you can easily disable FaceTime On iPhone or any Apple product.
How To Disable FaceTime On iPhone Or iPad
The method mentioned below will guide you through every step that you have to follow to complete the task. Moreover, make sure that you have the latest iOS or iPad OS version before you begin the process. So without taking any more thing here is how you can Disable FaceTime On iPhone Or iPad.
- Open the settings menu on your device.
- Scroll down until you locate the FaceTime option, and open it.
- The FaceTime option is located next to other stock iOS apps.
- Here you will find a toggle switch in front of the FaceTime option.
- Tap on it to disable FaceTime.
This is how you can disable FaceTime on your iPhone or iPad. Moreover, your contacts will not be able to contact you via FaceTime. And whenever you open the FaceTime app on your iPhone or iPad, a pop-up will appear. If you tap on the Continue button on the pop-up, then FaceTime will be enabled. So don’t tap on the option, or else you have to repeat the process to disable it.
How To Enable FaceTime On iPhone And iPad
Some users disable FaceTime for a specific time period. And then want to enable it to utilize its amazing calling features. The enabling method of FaceTime is the same as the disabling method.
- Open Settings and go to FaceTime.
- Locate the FaceTime option and tap on the Toggle switch.
This is how you can enable FaceTime on iPhone and iPad.
How To Disable FaceTime Over Cellular
iPhone and iPad users have another option to disable FaceTime. This option can easily be accessed from the Cellular option from your iPhone and iPad.
- Open the Settings app on your device (iPhone and iPad)
- Scroll down and open the Cellular option.
- In this option, again scroll down until you see the “Use Cellular Data For” section.
- Here locate the FaceTime option and tap on the toggle switch to disable it.
- From here you can also enable FaceTime, whenever you want to.
This is how you can Enable or Disable FaceTime On iPhone over cellular.
Use Parental Control To Restrict FaceTime
If you just want your kids to stop using the FaceTime app on their iPhone or iPad. Or if you want to apply some restrictions on your kid’s devices, then follow this method to restrict FaceTime, you will find other options while performing this task, that will help in restricting your kid’s iPhone or iPad.
- Head to the Settings app from iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Tap on the Screen Time option underneath the Do Not Disturb option.
- Tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Setup Content & Privacy Restrictions, if not already set up by entering a 4-digit code and confirming it by re-entering the code.
- Tap on the toggle switch next to Content & Privacy Restrictions to enable it.
- Now head to the Allowed Apps.
- Here you will see a list of applications on your device.
- Locate FaceTime and tap on the Toggle switch to disable it.
This method will remove the FaceTime app from your device’s home screen and no one will be able to access it. If you want the FaceTime app to appear again, then repeat the process and enable it.