- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is an FPS game published by Activision.
- The game’s available for Xbox, PlayStation, macOS, and Windows PC.
- I will discuss the methods to fix Controller Not Working in Modern Warfare 2.
There not much fun in playing an FPS game like Modern Warfare without a controller. But when you are playing it on Steam, you get the option of connecting your controller with a PC.
Visit: Free Steam Accounts with Games
This actually brings a lot of convenience and allows you to enjoy a smooth gameplay. But only when the controller is working properly and isn’t blocked by the game client.
Usually Steam doesn’t blocks the game controllers and its default settings allow one to enjoy the gameplay, using his preferred controller. However, if you are specifically facing this issue in MW2, you should simply make some customizations in the client’s settings.
Why is Controller Not Working on Steam?
To tell you the truth, your controller is working just perfectly. It’s just not bieng able to send the right input signals to MW2. Because these signals are not compatible with the selected Steam Settings.
This is happening because Steam’s default settings are set to work with all kinds of games that support controllers. But sometimes the Steam Input starts providing compatibility issues.
Long story short, it’s just a compatibility issue which is fixable. You just have to make sure that the Steam’s input is disabled from the settings, so your controller’s commands are set on the right direction.
How Do I Fix Controller Not Working in Modern Warfare 2?
If you are currently only facing the controller not working issue while playing MW2 on Steam, you should change some settings. But you need to do them before launching the game while your controller is connected to the computer.
Total Time: 1 minute
Disable Steam Input
1. Launch the Steam Client on your computer.
2. Navigate to the Library section.
3. Right-click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and select Properties.
4. Go to the Controller section from the left pane.
5. From the drop-down menu in the right pane, select the Disable Steam Input option.
6. Now, launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on Steam.
That’s all, thanks for your time spent reading about methods to fix MW2 Controller Not Working on Steam, at it’sDailyTech.